Saturday, August 12, 2017

8/13/17 Credit Card Power?

    I woke up with no agenda today, Wife wanted to make breakfast and nap.  Since we got up at 3:00pm, napping was out of the question or the day would be gone.  We had breakfast or I guess lunch, with Chubs and Girlie joining us.  After eating, Girlie remembered to tell me that the toilet in the 2nd upstairs bathroom was leaking a little bit.  I got worried and went and saw what she meant.  I've been wanting to replace it since we moved in ten years ago because it is one of those round smaller toilets.  I have never used it, so I've put it off, but now that Chubs is getting bigger, it might be the reason he insists on using the one downstairs.  Luckily, we have three bathrooms, and the other two have the bigger elongated toilets.
    We've been battling our credit cards and not wanting to use them, but my pay cut kind of messed up my plans.  I had gotten rid of Home Depot and Lowe's, but I figured I'd try to open a new account and see what happens.  They gave us credit like we just started our married life, with a line of $500.  I'm used to having credit cards with $20,000 or more, but I guess.
    I love walking around and discovering new things for the house.  I am especially impressed with the new flooring that looks like wood but is really ceramic tiles.  If real wood or even laminate wood is a bad idea for the kitchen but that is the look you want, then these ceramic tiles are the perfect solution.  I like the Dewalt line of tools and now they have a much smaller screwdriver that runs on a much smaller battery.  I was also interested in buying more bulbs that don't produce heat, I love those.  That means that having the lights on is not heating up your house and at the same time they run on less heat.  I did have a limited budget, but these are the type of things I shall be trying to buy in the near future.
    I bought a new toilet and if it was as easy as plugging in a new lamp, I would install this toilet in our bathroom.  It is a Kohler and way heavier than it looks.  I got it out of the box at the house to look at it closer since they were all at eye height and even the base seems wider than the one in our bedroom.  It feels stout, like this is the toilet a king should be pooping in, yet it was a very reasonable $169.99.  Some of them went up to $350.  I was not going to buy the most expensive for a secondary bathroom that I'll probably never use, but it should still be good since I am sure Chubs will be taller and bigger than me in a couple more years.
    I shall attempt to install the toilet tomorrow and see what happens.  My hope is it all goes well and I have no problems, but you never know until you do it.  I switched out a toilet in our old house, so it isn't the first time I've done this.  I think I just got an idea for a gift for my parents... I've been telling them to install a larger elongated taller toilet for years, maybe I 'll get them one of these.  I am sorry, but I am a big boy with a big ass, those little toilets were made for people from the last century when humans were smaller or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment