Tuesday, July 4, 2017

7/4/17 Casual Trip To Katy Mall

    We haven't had much of an escape from Austin this year.  I wasn't really planning on going anywhere other than Wife suggested going to Houston last night.  I wasn't really wanting to go, not because I didn't want to go, but because the idea of getting up early just pisses me off.  I sort of ignored Wife when she asked, stayed up until 5:30am and finally told both boys to go to bed sometime before 6:00am.  I figured if we still went, Wife could drive and I would catch up with my sleep on the road.  We have been kind of distracted with painting and redoing the boy's rooms.
    The main reason I like going to that mall is that it has the Bass Pro Shops and I love looking at boats.  Their boats ranged from $590 skiffs that you can paddle or run on a trolling motor in a pond to a large offshore 38foot fishing type boat for $155,000.  The terms are then 10% down for 240 months and one pays about $989.  The price seems high but each of the two 300HP engines cost upwards of $30,000.  So we walked around the boats, both boys bored, Wife insisting if I were to buy one it would be a pontoon, so even in my fantasies, I can't have the sexy bass boat that barely seats three and will go over 70mph over the water.  Nope, I have to think like a family man even when I am years away from possibly buying a new vessel.
    We then start walking outside and it takes Boy this long to figure out this is not the Galleria Mal in downtown Houston.  I told him no shit, that would have taken over three hours to get there and less enjoyable, not like we were going to ice skate.  The next store we walked into was one of those where you can buy incense and I wanted to because sometimes it's nice to burn something that smells nice.  I didn't because I didn't want to carry them the rest of the day.  Coach was next and Wife found some cute Mickey Mouse themed purses.  They looked very nice but were also $440.  They had a sale price of 50% and when we walked in we were given another 50% coupon.  I asked a random sales guy walking around if we could double up on the coupons, expecting him to say no, but instead he reassured us that yes, we could.  The purse was about $119 and I was thinking it was good at $220, so cool beans for us.
    The rest of the time we walked, it is designed in a circle, eventually, it took us all the way around back to Bass Pro Shops.  I was hoping to find a magazine store to get Boating, a magazine to order a subscription.  I did not find it at the bookstore even though the magazine selection is huge.  I did find it at the Bass Pro Shops.  I got a couple other magazines and got ready to get back on the road.  We discussed dinner and although I was open to eating there or back in Austin, Wife thought it better to eat here.  I assumed my normal position which is attempt to stay awake and fall asleep within the first few minutes of being on the road.  I awoke in Austin, we ate a good meal in at a so-so Applebee's and called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment