Monday, July 31, 2017

7/31/17 Phones Can Do More Every Day?

    Here is one I did not think I was going to sign up for, yet here I am.  Our roomie has a hard time remembering to go to the bank when it's time to pay the rent.  Last time it was "ooh, it's so hot I just want to come home and cool off.  I forgot to stop at Wells Fargo..." or wherever she banks.  She has however asked me to download Google Wallet, which is an electronic way of sending each other money via text, many times.  It is weird that something that is supposed to be so secure and protected can now so easily be sent as fast as a picture of the food we are eating.
    I was hesitant to do it thinking that it would make it easier for my info to get stolen.  Boy has assured me that it is a safer way to transfer money, so that gave me the confidence to at least download the program.  It was just like doing any other ap on your phone, except it takes a picture of your credit card.  I got it confused while I was doing it though and I downloaded Google Pay first.  This ap lets your phone act like your credit card, just wave your phone over the paying machine and the information is supposedly transferred.  In theory, with this ap, you no longer need to carry your credit cards since the phone has the information.
    If I am to believe our roommate, then when the time comes to pay, she will not have any excuses any more.  I guess time will tell. So now we have come full circle.  If a girl "works" as a Snapchat model, she uses her phone to upload photos of herself online, a guy can then "buy her products" with his phone, and pay her with this ap, via a text.  She can then take his money and order food to be delivered to her doorstep through Blue Apron that is better than grocery store food, clothes through Amazon, or movies through Netflix.  These phones can do it all.
    Just this weekend, without thinking about it, we were driving to Round Rock to get some Round Rock Donuts at 4:15am.  We didn't know the exact place where they are located, other than Round Rock, but on the way, we used Google maps and it told us where to go, street by street.  On another occasion, we were driving and hungry, but not wanting to eat at the same old places, so Wife said type "restaurants near me" on Google and I started getting all sorts of places to eat, starting by closest as we were driving along.  It even let us choose by type, such as Mexican, burgers, etc.  Saturday evening Wife said she wanted to wash her car, I said let's do it.  It is much better at night than in the heat of the day, specially since we have been above 100 every day for 29 straight days.  We must have been out there at midnight, and as I was washing her car, she kept using her flashlight to make sure we didn't miss any spots.  It worked pretty good, other than it rained on her on the way back to Crystal City.  I have even heard of some people "jokingly" on you tube videos use the vibrate function as a "toy for females", so really what can't a modern phone do these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment