Sunday, July 30, 2017

7/30/17 Afternoon At The Outlet Mall?

    We got brave today and instead of hiding from the heat, we danced with it.  We've been staying up late, I was up until 7:00 and 8:00am the last two mornings, so it was not surprising that we got up around 4:00pm today.  As usual, we all got up hungry so we all showered and headed South.  Chubs has been at my mom's the past week. it was just me, Wife, and Boy.  Boy suggested eating at Zaxby's and I can't say no to that.  We kind of discussed what to do after and I suggested Cabela's since it is next to Zaxby's and it is air conditioned.  Wife said no, we were there just a couple weeks ago.
    It was her idea to go to the outlet mall, which Boy started whining saying every time we go and eat, we trick him into going somewhere else that he has no interest in.  He called his friends who live in San Marcos and we then dropped him off on our way through.  The outlet mall was packed as usual, and for a minute it seemed like we were not going to be able to find a parking spot, but I think we got there at the perfect time, as people start leaving and the sun starts going down, around 6:00-6:30pm.  It is also a lot easier to deal with the driving in the tight parking lots in our little Kia Soul, which I keep thinking I don't like, but it is so easy to get around in and it has all the comforts you could ask for, even A/C on the leather seats.
    We headed first to the Pottery Barn Outlet and it was interesting how proud of their merchandise they are.  I could not find anything I would call "discounted".  The one thing I saw and did like was a Batman bat profile that hangs on the wall and holds nick-knacks, it is about three feet long, black and made of thin metal.  We almost bought one at the mall for Chub's room, but it was $150.  This one was a little roughed up and was still $89.  I was tempted to get it, but it was just lying there.  I would prefer one in a box.  We then went to Restoration Hardware which I remember it sold cool weird furniture, but it was full of ordinary stuff that seemed a little overpriced.  I'm sorry, but chairs shouldn't be $400-$600, lamps shouldn't be $300, specially at an outlet store.  We aren't really at a point to re-do our house, I was just curious.
    We then spent the rest of the afternoon, mostly looking at purses, at Michael Kors, Tory Burch, Prada, Burberry, Brahmin and Coach.  I was a little sticker shocked with Burberry whose regular sized purses were around $1250, and Prada had bags around $950.  Wife is more comfortable with Coach and Brahmin, with their prices around $100-$200.  I told her when she gets her next promotion, she should get herself a Burberry bag, just to show that she's the big dog on whatever campus.
    We ended the evening in San Marcos by picking up Boy and eating dinner at Fuego's.  I had a taco with brisket that kicked ass, along with a barbacoa taco and a taco made from eggs and sausage.  All this was washed down with a large Big Red, yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment