Tuesday, July 18, 2017

7/18/17 Overhauling Me, Day One?

    Since I am officially done visiting the doctor for my leg gash, I decided to be proactive and start taking care of other things.  I went to see the doctor at Victory Medical, which is where I got the blood work done that told me I was more woman than man, based on my testosterone levels.  Maybe it's not what was said, but that is what I heard.  I finally manned up and decided to hear her out.
    As I figured, I have been doing everything wrong.  I have very low Testosterone, she said it doesn't matter how much weights I lift, I need testosterone to see improvements past a certain point.  I also had very low Vitamin D, which I had started taking over the counter.  I stopped because I didn't see the point to doing just that by itself.  She got after me, saying I need Vitamin D for the production of testosterone and other stuff.  I also have a hypothyroid, so I also got a medication for that.
    Underlying everything she said is that I was too fat.  Where Testosterone resides in the muscles, estrogen resides in the fat cells and I give too much space for estrogen to make itself at home.  I am supposed to start a diet, she did include an anti hunger pill amongst my set of pills.  So my plan as of right now will be to cut the morning eating, which is what I do right before I go to bed.  I am supposed to take the thyroid medicine with no food present, or it ruins the effect.
    Apparently, we can't be eating fast food, who knew?  No more Whataburger, Bill Miller, Wendy's, for awhile.  She suggested I look into stuff like Blue Apron, who will deliver all the ingredients to cook a nice healthy meal 3-5 times a week.  I don't know that I am ready to start ordering pre packaged meals.  The boys will not cook by themselves.  I might be better off with those quick meals at HEB that pair a piece of salmon with some rice or veggies.  I know that is healthier to eat, but I also know I like convenience and speed.
    The bottom line is some changes are going to have to be made.  Since I had stopped all my exercise activities, I ballooned past 400pounds and I know it's going to suck to get back down.  But for the first time, I have a guide and my body is being monitored.  They want to see me about once a month to see the progress with the medications and I assume I will need to be showing some weight coming off.  She wants me to have Chubs join me in eating healthier to get him to loose some weight and not have some of the issues I have had.  This will be an interesting next few months.  I already told myself, no more excuses.  I walked two miles tonight, and hopefully, I will get back to 4 miles a night in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment