Sunday, July 9, 2017

7/10/17 Relaxing, If For A Little Bit?

    We are still in Corpus Chisti right now, as of Sunday afternoon.  I finally figured out how to relax.  Wife talked to her family at the same time I was jumping in the shower Saturday afternoon.  They asked if we wanted to join them for breakfast, then the part I love, "we already sat down to eat, never mind.  That is how they roll.  They invite but they are already doing whatever.
    So I said too bad, and we went to eat.  Because we are with my folks, they suggested Cracker Barrel and I went along with it.  We were sat down within five minutes and lo and behold, their is Wife's whole family saying they had just sat down.  Because it was like 14 of them, they waited 40 minutes or so.  We caught up with them without even rushing.  After we ate, and that took a good hour, Wife was ready to drive around with her parents, but I wanted nothing more than a nap.  I made an executive decision and decided to stay home.
    My mom then left with Wife and Chubs and apparently, they all headed out to Port Aransas.  Wife kept texting me that there were dolphins, and that they were at a fish weigh-in thing from a fishing competition.  I was enjoying the peace and quiet, and really I didn't need to hear from anyone as being alone worked pretty nice for me.  mom said this is worrisome because I am not with Wife during the week and I should want to be.  My point is I like being with her, but we are on vacation, she has been by my side all week, why can't we unwind for a while?  If she wants to visit with her folks who also happen to be in the area, cool.  Why am I suddenly Satan incarnate because I prefer to stay behind and lay down in the A/C, instead of running around in the middle of the day.
    I totally enjoyed first, writing my blog for the day so I wouldn't be thinking about it at night, second, just laying there with my dad watching a couple episodes of Cops, not talking about anything in particular, it was nice.  Wife complains she doesn't see her folks enough, what about me, I see my folks even less, as I am stuck in Austin, unless people come up.  Third, with the shades open, it looked as though it might rain any minute, so laying on the sofa was extra relaxing.  If my leg weren't hurt, I would have been swimming in the pool during this time, as I miss that activity the most.
    It is now past midnight, my in-laws had trouble with the car they are driving, they had it towed back to San Antonio, my mother in law rode with us, and my father in law rode with my brother in law and all his kids to get back to SA.  Before we left, I thanked my folks for a very nice time.  We didn't do anything in a hurry, everything was relaxed, I had thought we would be leaving by Saturday afternoon, but instead since I was generally relaxed, I decided to stay an extra night.  I don't know if we will be able to do it again this summer, but at least this weekend was good.  I had thought we were done with RVs in general, but then we have a good time and I start thinking that a new unit might be a good idea.  I should just be glad and use the one we already own, specially since I just paid it off, but that is the beauty of always wanting new stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment