Tuesday, July 25, 2017

7/25/17 Out Of The 400's?

    I am not 100% sure yet that the testosterone shot is making a difference, but I managed to lose 11 pounds my first week on it.  There is also the thyroid medication I started taking and I had read that a lack of both could be leading to my lethargy.  I decided to stop making excuses since I got the shot Monday last week, I proceeded to walk two miles that night and every night after at work.  I even managed to jump on our treadmill at home Friday and Sunday and walk another 2 miles each time.  I will not lie, it sucked starting over, even walking was making my thighs burn.  I felt like I was walking up a hill even though I was just going around our building a half mile at a time (I work in a large building, three laps around the circular hallway makes a half mile).
    I say out of the 400's because that is where I was.  I got as high as 413 before my skin graft surgery.  On my house scale, that transferred to 408.  There didn't seem to be much I could do while my leg was healing.  I also had a discussion with the physician assistant that is monitoring me at Victory Medical and she said that without the testosterone I wasn't going to see much in the way of improvements.  I could kind of see this, I always start lifting weights and seem to plateau at 300 pounds.  With the long rest, I am having to start back at square one benching 135 pounds.  This sucks and believe me, it was heavy the first day I went in there, but I am already feeling better and the soreness is already mostly gone.  Even in my legs, where I felt like I was walking uphill, my thighs are starting to feel better.
    So the scale said 397 yesterday morning, and I headed directly over to the clinic for my second shot on my butt.  I am supposed to learn to do it myself, but poking myself gives me the heebie jeebies.  By the way, I am also eating better.  The P.A. got after me for telling her we eat lunch almost every day at Southpark Meadows at a fast food place.  I haven't had fast food in a week, and I am trying to eat mostly fish.  I didn't want to go crazy with the diet, but Wife decided I was kind of doing Atkins, with salads, which I think is South Beach diet.  The P.A. wanted me to consider ordering food to the house from like Blue Apron, or those delivery home services that bring healthy foods, but I don't have time to sit and cook stuff like that.  I'd rather boil some eggs, or eat a bowl of cereal.
    Ultimately, I would like to get back to the 250-280 range, if I can get there.  I had been stuck around 350 for the last couple years, but as they told me.  I was carrying mostly estrogen and along with making me a lil bitch, it also promotes storage of fat, so I am curious how far testosterone will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment