Sunday, December 28, 2014

12/29/14 Do You Believe In UFOs?

    Some of my blogs are farcical, talking about being 300 years old and such.  But this is true. 
    I believe in UFOs, and I believe I saw one back in 1992-1993.  I was going to UT in Austin and had gone home for the summer.  The time is not exact to me, but I was driving my Ranger which I got in 1991 and my oldest son was not yet born, that was in 1994.  So that's my timeframe.  Anyways, I was back home and my wife (at the time girlfriend) and I were country cruising.  About the only thing you can do in a shitty small town, specially if you are a little anti social as I was back then. 
    We were on the road I take most of the time, leads to Brundage, then left turn to Dilley and you are on IH-35 in less than an hour.  About 4-5 miles out of town, we saw what I can only describe as a UFO.  It was hovering about fifty to one hundred yards above the ground and it had lights, yellow, blue, green, just a few, and very much like the space ship on Close Encounters of The Third Kind.  We kept driving to it until my wife got scared and said turn back.  I have never claimed to be that brave, I turned back quickly and we went home to tell my Mom.  She didn't believe me, so we took her out there.  She was as in shock or awe as we were.  What do you do?  We drove towards it, but my mom also said no, stop, turn back, whatever it is, it doesn't feel right. 
    Whatever it was, it hovered there for at least the half hour it took us to see it, go home, convince my mom, drive back to it, and then leave again.  It was a good 200-300 yards wide, given that it was up floating, night was dark, but you could make out the outline and it did have the lights around the fattest "belly" part.  They were just flashing and changing, slowly. 
    My uncle was a cop back then and we asked him about it.  He said there were a lot of reports but it was just an airplane landing in an old airport down there.  I could believe that if it moved, but this thing was not moving and it was on both sides of the road.  Nothing but fields of crops in that area.  A downed plane maybe a jumbo airliner would match the size and lights, but it would have crashed there, and we did not see anything there the next day.  A plane landing would not have been allowed to block the road for that long, and we would have seen cops or EMS or something to help guide whatever out of there. 
    As I said, this was all true, ask my wife, those that know me, or my mom.  I may be grounded in reality and even label myself atheist, but I do believe I have seen a UFO, and I know it sounds crazy, but facts is facts, Ma'am, and or Sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment