Thursday, December 25, 2014

12/26/14 Bacon Double Whataburger Please?

    My wife and boys just went to visit her Mom the last two nights.  All's good, she should do it more often, I always say.  Me being addicted to work and always chasing another dollar, stayed behind to work before our Christmas Shutdown.  Since my in house Chef is gone, I have to fend for myself.  Anytime this happens, I end up eating Whataburger.  There aren't many burgers that beat their bacon double meat burger.  I even let them put mustard and I don't like mustard except on hot dogs.  I've eaten this three and four nights in a row, I don't have time to run around all over on my lunch break.  I don't have to because this is the king of burgers. 
    I pick up my younger kid after school every day and most of the time we head to one of about 5-8 different places we eat after school lunch at.  I don't think I could offer my boy the same meal every day, we even change up if we ate chicken yesterday, today it has to be pizza or a sub.  I want him used to changing it up, I might be a little mechanical, or a little OCD.  Maybe everybody is like that, I don't know.  But I don't want to make my boy like that, although my older son has a lot of my traits, just on his own.  Maybe I should make them be like me, I am that awesome.  I kid....
    Another thing I have noticed, I'll eat the same thing at any given restaurant.  If we go to Chick-Fil-A, it's the nuggets, Bill Miller, it's always the #4 with chicken tenders.... side note, if you go to a fish place, eat fish, if you go to a steak restaurant, don't be a mook, order a freaking steak.  Although, the first time I went to Outback, I didn't even want to look at the menu, I just asked the waitress I want some kangaroo, I was a little disappointed, but their steaks are very good.
    At home, the only cooking I attempt is grilling.  I love meat off the grill, and I do enjoy variety here.  This year we started grilling wings,had never done them before, not much meat, but my younger boy loves them so we came up with our own version of hot wings.  They are delicious and a little addicting.  But so are our kabobs with pieces of rump roast, fajitas, burgers, always have sausages, which work for lunch the next day as leftovers, various cuts of pork, chicken, and then occasionally exotic pieces like sweetbreads which are cow glands and/ or pancreas.  This is a Mexican thing, but dammit, they're good.  Takes effort to get them crispy, but they are worth it.
    I guess by myself, I simplify to the quickest meal that will satisfy me.  But with company, I like to go out of my way, so that there is satisfaction and interest.   I love trying a new place with company.  Just tried a new pizza place, New York style, one slice was enough to fill me, it was cool, we will be going back, but not by myself.  I will continue my solo love affair with that meaty bacon demon hiding between the buns.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment