Sunday, December 21, 2014

12/22/14 I Can't Afford You Baby?

    I am sorry, I could not afford you.  I tried my hardest, willing to work 60-70 hour work weeks to keep you by my side.  Alas your need for expensive accessories and my inability to say no made me do what I had to do. Turning my back on our relationship after what seemed like a blink of an eye.  I guess what made the decision easier was that society deems us greedy when men try to keep more than one and I already have an older version of you at home.  My dad said they're all the same, you can't tell once you're inside one of them.  They all do the same.  I guess. 
    I loved your stance, how your backside just lifted ever so slightly, maybe it's cause you were young, not fully broken in.  I tried my hardest, putting my load on you every chance I got, still that backside never flinched.  You were built to handle men, rough men, not these little city metrosexuals you're probably running around with, but hey, whatever.  If they can afford to feed you, more power to them. 
    You're coloring too, from the moment I saw your brown skin, almost shining, almost like gold was just under the skin, oh baby, you shined in my eyes.  Always will.  Even looking my schlubbiest, once I got by your side, I knew other men looked at me with jealousy in their eyes.  You always made me feel like the most powerful man, no matter where we went, in town, eating a burger, or out in the country, sneaking away on a quiet Sunday afternoon.
    Born in the 90's, I thought maybe you'd be out of my reach initially, I'll wait and see what happens.  I kept my eye on you, you had a clumsier look back then, but by 2008, you were starting to look like what Daddy likes.  I waited until 2010, make sure all the bugs of youth were worked out, then I bit into that forbidden fruit my mom and everyone kept saying don't.  You can't afford it, there'll be repercussions, I said fuck it, even If I can only ride you for a short while, I will enjoy myself like a kid in a candy store.  I did. 
    The fact that you were 4x4 and leather inside with a sun roof just made you that much more beautiful in my eyes.  There is nothing finer on the road than the Ford Super Duty trucks, love those things.  Three things made me decide to divorce you from my life: the Boy wouldn't drive you and he needed a vehicle, diesel was too expensive to justify, and I already have an older truck, which is already paid for and moves my RV just fine.  But some day, I will find you, you will be mine once again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment