Saturday, October 29, 2022

10/29/22 Trunk or Treat or Trick or Trunk?

     I am not sure which is the correct mixture of the event, but tonight we have a fun event at the school, hopefully, we have a good turnout.  It is our first ever Trick or Trunk, which is like Halloween, but we line up our cars and decorate them and then the kids come thru, and we give them candies.  Wife has been on top of this one, she ordered a decoration kit for the car a few weeks ago, then went to Sam's a couple days ago and bought over $100 in candy to give away.  I am not sure if this amount is just for today or if some of these candies survive, we are going to give them away on Monday Night, the real Halloween.

    For the event, Mijo has costumes ready for him and his friends.  He will be Winnie the Pooh and his friends will be the assortment of friends pooh has in the stories.  His girlfriend is even supposed to join us, and she will be Piglet, Piglet is small, like her, and also pink, which she loves.  His spaced out overly concussed lineman buddy will be Eeyore, which really fits him to a T.  One of his other friends will wear the Tigger outfit, I am sure.

    We are supposed to wear something from Nightmare Before Christmas, as that is what we are decorating the car with.  She keeps saying I have an Oogie Boogie costume, but I am not sure about that.  I would love to be Jack, but that guy is basically a stick figure, and I am not.  Wife will be happy if I dress up in any fashion, and I know I have at least two of those pajama costumes in my closet, so I'll wear the one that looks best.

    The football players will all be judges and there will be 5-6 trophies given out to best car decorations, to best costumes, and some more creative awards will be figured out, I am sure.  Last night, we were totally unprepared, I didn't even take a light jacket.  I will make sure and throw my big jacket in the back of the car, at least, if I need it, it will be there.

    Normally, I would see this as a pain in the ass, but it gives Mijo the chance to hang out with his friends and even the GF, so I have to be happy for that.  Plus, Halloween always signals the holidays are only weeks away.  Happy Halloween everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment