Thursday, October 20, 2022

10/19/22 Baked A Cake?

     Does it have to be someone's birthday to bake a cake, or can a fat guy just make one to have something sweet to eat for breakfast?  Last night, I decided I would bake one after we got home from eating dinner.  Mijo, his friend and I went to eat at Jersey Mike's.  I had a sub that was heated with chicken, and bacon.  It was great, I think it is the second time I try a heated sandwich there and they are so much better than cold.  Mijo and his friend stuck to regular cold subs, which are still pretty good.

    After dropping off his friend, it is just Mijo and I, with Wife still in Corpus Christi, so the house is quiet.  It doesn't help that the boy spends all his time on the phone talking to his little girlfriend and barely even comes down.  We probably got home around 8:00pm, and I started the oven right away.  It took me a couple minutes to round up the bowl, cake mix, and other stuff, but I had it mixed and in the cake pans within five minutes of deciding to bake it.  I washed the few utensils I had used to keep the kitchen clean, then once the cakes were done (I split the batter into two bread loaf pans, to make two small cakes), I transferred them onto some plates and washed the cake pans, all I needed at this point was to let the cakes cool and then I added the frosting, probably around 9:30pm.

    I did end up eating about a third of one of the cakes, I chose Spice cake because Wife is not here, and she is not a fan.  I thought with the cream cheese flavored frosting, it worked out perfectly, it was just the right amount of sweet.  I was then in bed and in and out of sleep before 10:00pm.  Like Mijo said, when he did come down to get water, it smelled like cinnamon or something sweet and it made it hard not to get up in the middle of the night and just have some more cake.

    I waited until morning and after I had dropped off Mijo at school, then I made a cup of coffee and sat down with a big slice.  I have to say it hit the spot; I should make cakes more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment