Saturday, October 22, 2022

10/21/22 Another Win Against Eastside Memorial?

     The Cougars put on another offensive show last night, scoring a crazy 77-0 score for their 4th straight win and a total of 5 for the season.  This will make them at least 5-5 for the season if they happen to lose the last two, which I don't think they will, and even more importantly, makes the Cougars playoff bound for the first time in like 20 plus years.  If I remember correctly, Crockett has made the playoffs in something like 23 years, and they have never won a playoff game, or they last won in the 80s or something like that.  The game was also the first time we have seen them in at House Park, the stadium that weirdly sits pretty much in downtown Austin, just off Lamar and maybe 15th street.

    Wife had been at a conference in Corpus Christi all week, but luckily came into town by around 5:00pm, so we were able to get to the game at a decent hour.  We left around 6:00pm, to get there early, so I would have time to hang my flags and banners before the game got started.  We got there, and luckily, I was able to do everything I wanted to, I used zip ties to attach my poles to the fence above the bleachers.  There are technically holders for flag poles, but the poles would have to be like 20 feet long to use them.  Using the zip ties, I was able to make my 7ft long poles work just as well.

    The game was over three minutes into the start.  We received the ball, and the first offensive play was a bomb of 50plus yards for a TD.  They then received the ball, and their first pass was intercepted and ran back all the way for a second score.  Within three minutes into the game, we had already scored yet again.  It just continued to get uglier from this point, Crockett had a 42-0 lead by the end of the 1st quarter.  It was 63-0 by the half and looking like they could get to 100.  The coaches must have changed out personnel because there were only a pair of TD scores in the second half, one in the third and one in the fourth.

    I honestly do not enjoy watching games like this, I feel bad for the kids on the other team who probably work just as hard as our kids, sacrifice a lot of their time to get better, but sometimes the team just isn't right, sometimes there just aren't key players to step up.  I am happy Mijo is on a winning team, to help ease the fact that he is injured some, although I know my big boy was out there contributing.

No comments:

Post a Comment