Monday, October 17, 2022

10/17/22 Shitty Week Coming Up?

    I have to say I love the idea of cooling temperatures, I think it is long overdue, even if we live in Texas and must put up with it more than anyone else.  We were sitting at 63 when I went outside to take Mijo to school an hour ago.  It is supposed to be cooler tomorrow morning, with a high only in the upper 60s.  All this is not making the week shitty, the shitty part is that Wife has a conference, so I have to drop off and pick up our baby from school all week.  She gets to go hang out in Corpus Christi all week, staying at some nice hotel, with a coworker or two, so there should be some stories of walking too far to eat, and that she would prefer to be in her hotel watching old shows rather than doing karaoke or whatever hipster mamas do on vacation.
    With chances of rain looming, at least for today and maybe tomorrow, I have to also be ready for an early pick up, sometimes with rain, practices get cancelled, sometimes they are just moved to the gym.  It probably won't even be that bad, but I will have to have some creativity with my work schedule, if possible, leaving stuff to finish the next day.  I hate having to leave to pick up Mijo, then turn around and go back to work.  If I have to, that is what I'll do, probably tonight, when I already know we have a lot of work scheduled and due for tomorrow, if it comes in today.  I just got the notification email, we have like 7 new jobs due by tomorrow, this most likely means a long day today, but the rest of the week might be under control.
    On top of all this, football season isn't really over, Mijo does have another game this week, on Friday, Wife will be leaving Corpus at 1:00pm, hopefully getting here in 3 hours, then we have to be at the football stadium by 7:30pm, the earlier the better, to set up flags and what not.  It sure is a nice ring to hear that our boys are 4-3 currently, so they have done very well this season.  I put their odds of winning the next two games in their favor, then it will be interesting, LBJ did go deep in the playoffs last year and we face them in the last district game this year, where I possibly hope Mijo might be able to come back and play, but I am not holding my breath.
    I shouldn't even complain, these weeks go by so fast.  Wife will be back before we know it and we'll be looking at next week's matchup along with Halloween, which is less than two weeks away.

No comments:

Post a Comment