Wednesday, October 12, 2022

10/11/22 Another MRI?

     I am not sure this one will help much, but the fact that we lost about a month of time waiting on the knee to get better before we did an MRI on it made Wife ask for it as soon as possible.  This time it is for a sprained ankle, and although I don't believe the MRI will help, I mean he can play once the pain subsides, knowing where the pain is doesn't help much, now that we know the bones aren't broken or fractured.  This may sound like I am more worried about my son getting out on the field than him healing properly, but it is not a selfish reason for me, I don't gain anything from my boy running around on the field.  This is important for him, at this moment, this is the most important thing for him.  He has done nothing but work out and lived life as an athlete, he feels he owes his teammates the best in him.  I just want to ride along and be able to say, "we helped you give the team everything you had."

    Thursday night, during the game, we were called to go and talk to the trainer, Mijo was crying on a bench, his leg was up, the trainer had even pulled the trainer from the other team to look at him and she was worried it might be fractured.  This scared me, I don't want him to have bad joints after all the playing is done.  We rushed him to a doctor visit the next morning and an x-ray told us he did not have broken bones.  We also noticed his ankle did not swell up and there was no internal bleeding, purple coloring on the skin.  To me, this ends up being a mild sprain, something he can still heal from and play a couple more games.  The doctor was saying if it is a high ankle sprain, it could be 6-8 weeks, so he is done for the season.  A low ankle sprain might only be 2-4 weeks, so at the moment, we are hoping for the low ankle sprain.  This is something the MRI can tell us, so we went ahead and did it this morning at 8:00am.

    We have now been there so often, the lady working the front desk already knows his name, as we pre-register, we don't have to do paperwork when we arrive.  She saw him and said "Good morning, take a seat...."

    I am staying positive because I can see him walking around the house almost normally now.  He says there is no pain standing, it is only when he tries to push off aggressively, such as to push a defensive person away.  He was testing his ankle last night and he said he can lift himself up when using both feet, but it does hurt to do that with one leg at a time.  I am hoping he just misses the game this week, and worst case, maybe the one next week.  We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment