Monday, October 17, 2022

10/16/22 I Accidentally Became A Cowboys Fan?

     I had honestly not been an NFL fan for the longest time, probably since the Houston Oilers left Houston.  I was satisfied watching college football on Saturdays and then doing whatever else on Sundays?  This year, Mijo has been wanting to sit and watch as much football as possible, whenever he isn't on the phone with his girl.  All of a sudden, I had to buy something to get some channels to show games.  We settled on Sling TV, and it has been alright, so far.  We have been able to get the Longhorn network, for when the Longhorns play those games that are only televised on their dinky network, and then we also get a bunch of ESPN channels and FS1, where the Longhorns also like to hang out.

    If Saturday isn't enough, we also sit around and watch football most of Sunday, especially with his bad knee, then now his bad ankle, we don't need to be moving around a lot.  Sling works pretty well, although, it doesn't get everything, I think it is missing NBC content, because the Sunday night game is on NBC, and we couldn't find it.  It's fine, worst-case scenario, we have to move to our plasma TV, it can show local programming on rabbit ears.  The projector can only show stuff off the PS4 or the Roku I just attached a couple weeks ago.

    We can sit and watch most any game, there are always spectacular plays to see.  Mijo still says the Chiefs are his favorite, he likes Mahomes, and he does a good job of making them look good.  I am not ready to say the Cowboys are my team, but in the past, I would have never sat and watched them with any interest.  Now with their back-up QB doing all the winning, Cooper Rush, I can't help but be attracted to the little guy that could storyline.  He went undrafted, but still picked up by the Cowboys, and until last night was standing undefeated since his one game last year at 5-0.  They did lose last night, but that was a tough one, losing in Philadelphia to a 6-0 Eagles team.

    I honestly don't know any of the other Cowboys, which tells you what kind of fan I am, but if we keep cheering for them, it won't be long before we go all in, maybe even take in a trip to the big stadium in Dallas.  Or maybe Dak comes back, and everything goes back to normal, where I find myself unable to cheer for a team that underperforms with expensive players.

No comments:

Post a Comment