Saturday, October 15, 2022

10/13/22 Burning Urge To Get A New Truck?

     I have been telling Wife I am fine waiting to get a new car for myself for a while, but all of a sudden, I started feeling a real urge that makes me feel like I should be driving something nice.  I have pretty much been driving the Escape we have, which is fine to get me from here to there, but it is a small vehicle, and I am a huge cow.  The car was bought with the intention of it being a first car for Mijo, he would learn to drive in it, then eventually we trade it in for a nicer car when he goes off to college.  He hasn't really made time to drive, other than the very occasional moment when he remembers he should be driving.

    Either way, when gas started going up, all of a sudden (thanks Biden), I stopped driving my Excursion and switched over to the Escape.  I still love my Excursion and can't see myself trading it in, but things don't last forever, and maybe I am going to have to cross that path.  The problem is in theory, I want a new vehicle, in reality, I can't fathom the idea of paying over $70,000 for a truck.  Wife says I don't need an F-250, and I guess she is right, but I've had three of them, and the Excursion is basically an F-250 also, so that makes four that we have owned.

    I just don't like what Ford has been doing with installing smaller motors in their vehicles, I could consider an Expedition, but they only come with a V6, which seems like a small engine for such a big vehicle.  I do like that it gives gas mileage around the mid 20s, but I would still prefer a big beefy V8.  The smaller cars are even worse, with just about everything smaller than an Explorer getting only the 4-cylinder option.

    There are also no cool funky cars to consider anymore, like the convertible Murano of a couple years ago, or something totally off the wall, like the Fortwo, the tiny 2-seater cars.  I wouldn't buy one for a daily driver, but I love that they exist, and we still get to see a few around here and there.

    If it were up to me, I would buy an F-250 Tremor, but those quickly get past $80,000 and that is a little too rich for my blood.  Wife keeps saying to just get an F-150, but those quickly get to the mid $65,000 range, if you go with the Lariat trim or nicer, which I almost insist on leather.

    Maybe this is how we end up changing brands, we did look at a Jeep Wagoneer a while back and it was nice, I have to admit.

No comments:

Post a Comment