Wednesday, October 19, 2022

10/18/22 A Week Without Wife?

     I guess living for five years with Wife working out of town makes a week of her being at a conference no big deal.  It is now Wednesday, and we are getting along okay without our bossy short captain.  Mijo is in school, and I am at work, that eats up most of our days.  I was a bit late on Monday night, about 30 minutes late to pick up Mijo, I got caught trying to do too much and finish so I wouldn't have to go back after picking him up.  Once I go and have some food, I tend to get drowsy, and I want to nap for a bit or the rest of the night.  We ate at Whataburger on Monday night, then dropped off his friend and came home to catch the 2nd half of Monday Night Football.  I probably fell asleep within 10-15 minutes; he had gone up to take a shower.  I just remember he woke me to tell me he was going upstairs after the game, to which I turned off the projector and stuff.  I was then up for maybe another 1-2 hours, on the computer and then watching Tiktoks.

    Tuesday was better, I finished with the work stuff by 6:00pm, so I was able to get to practice earlier and catch them still out on the practice field.  Winning or losing, these kids put a lot of effort into the team, it still seems like the middle of Summer, even if the weather was in the 60s, with coaches yelling and kids running around.  We went and ate at Bush's Chicken afterwards.  It is a place I have slowly started liking, not that I love, but there aren't a lot of chicken places around the house.  We then made our way home and hung out for a bit.  Nowadays, he is mostly distracted talking to his girlfriend until he goes to bed, so he stays off in his own room.  I try to stay busy down here, looking at bills or whatever I need to be doing on the computer.

    Wife will be getting out around 1:00pm on Friday, then hopping on the road, hurrying in to try and get here before the game, so we can drive to it together.  It kind of sucks that they are playing in House Park, which is further up North, really located in the center of town, off Lamar and 15th street, or thereabouts.  They are playing the weakest team on their schedule, so far, they have not won any games, but teams always react differently to different teams, and they have yet to win at House Park, that I can remember so it will still be interesting, even with their current 3 game win streak.

No comments:

Post a Comment