Friday, September 9, 2022

9/8/22 Meet The Teachers?

     Thursday night was the last Meet the Teachers for us, and it was a good one, although the humidity was a huge pain the ass.  Knowing the event was coming, both Wife and I prepared by planning our days to get out a little early from work and be there.  We have been kind of slow for the last couple weeks, so I did whatever new work we had and called it a day by 5:30pm.  Wife had gotten on the road a little earlier than me.  We both got home about the same time, probably about 5:50pm.

    We headed to the school and entered through the entrance we use most often, over by the gym.  There is a walkway that leads to the cafeteria.  We went in and were surprised at how quiet everything seemed.  We went past the cafeteria and just kept walking.  Eventually, we ran into a custodian and random people that seemed too in a hurry to stop and help us.  About the only thing I could think of was to call Mijo and find out where everyone was.  Turns out, we needed to go further into the school, it is a lot bigger than it seems.  Before we knew it, we walked up some stairs and we were suddenly where everyone was, there was the noise and bustle of about 100 kids and parents buzzing about.

    Mijo was working a table with his girl to try and recruit wrestlers to the team.  By the time we got there, he said about 5 guys and a girl had shown interest.  I really want the team to grow, last year there were some weight classes that did not have a fighter and that doesn't help when trying to win as a team.

    Our son gave us his schedule and away we went.  It has been the same thing every year, everyone always enjoys having him in class, he participates, is not a distraction, and shows tendencies of being a leader, we are constantly told.  All the teachers seem to know us, I guess because we are at all the functions Mijo participates in.  We were getting greeted by other parents who I had no idea if I knew them or not, so I just kept a smile on my face and did my best happy to see you face.

    The day ended a little earlier than normal, so we left to eat before 7:30pm and went all the way out to Zaxby's over by Cabela's.  We got back home by 8:30pm, I was in and out of sleep almost immediately because we had our first physical therapy training session Friday morning at 7:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment