Sunday, September 25, 2022

9/23/22 Too Busy Lately?

     No matter what happens in the moment, life keeps going.  After Mijo's minor surgery (doc's words), I took him back to school, he said he had ACC classes and those can't be excused like his high school classes.  he made it until 2:00pm, then called me to go pick him up, he was in pain from walking around and I guess the Lidocaine wearing off where he was cut.  This is how I know he was in pain, I have never picked him up when he didn't say he was hungry, could we pick something up.  After getting in car and lining up at the Walgreen's to pick up his prescription, I asked if he wanted Bill Miller, we were right next to it, and he actually said no, he just wanted to go home and lay down.  That had to be a first for our Gordito who never turns down food.  Don't worry, but the time we actually got the meds five minutes later, he had changed his mind and asked to get him something before taking him home.

    I went to work after, but we have not had too much work, so I was able to get back home at a decent time, in case he needed something.  The rest was good for him, and the cyst seems to be healing nicely.  We changed the bandages Friday afternoon, and most of the area looked dead, none of it was pulsing and angry like it was prior to the lancing.  I had to remove this fat thread the doctor had pushed into his skin, and that was pain for Mijo and gross for me.  It was about 10 inches of maybe quarter inch thread that probably had antibacterial properties and soaked up some of the blood.  There was a tiny bit of blood that started coming out after I pulled on it, but I just rewrapped it to apply pressure on it.  I know how injuries work, I've had a few, and pressure always seems to stop the bleeding, but I was still half expecting the wrap to be soaked in blood before the end of the night.

    Part of the reason we changed the bandages was because we were invited to a party, and he needed to dress up.  Well, I am not sure he needed to dress up, but it was his girlfriend's birthday party and I wanted him looking his best, even after hearing there was going to be a bouncy house.  I mean a bouncy house for an 18-yr old sounds extra to me, but it was cute and the mostly girls did all charge in there and jumped to the point of almost flipping it sideways.  There was also a lot of freeze tag, which I hadn't seen since I was in 5th grade, probably, they were having fun.  I liked that the kids were mostly all the wrestler girls and some of the Tex-anns, the drill/dance squad, so we knew most everybody or enough to feel at home.

    I was worried about Mijo's cyst area, but once they got to running, we weren't able to stop him, testosterone took over, we just tried not to stand up and walk where they were running, all around us.  At one point, Mijo's friend, who is also a lineman and about 220 pounds came barreling at a parent sitting next to me.  He just closed his eyes expecting to be injured, but the kid cut left and narrowly missed.  He would have taken out the dad and the table if he hadn't stopped.

    The next day it was great to see the cut only bled a tiny amount, probably when I replaced the bandages, and Saturday afternoon it looked mostly dry.  The tiny stab cut the doctor made was the only place it still looked moist, but I am hoping it'll be dry by today.  The way he was running around Friday at the party, in dress clothes, I see no reason why he couldn't dress out and play, he as soaked in sweat by the end of the night, never mind the nice clothes and tie he had walked in with.

No comments:

Post a Comment