Sunday, September 18, 2022

9/17/22 Old Fashioned Birthday Party?

     Saturday, we found ourselves at a birthday party for one of Mijo's friends who just turned 18.  It was a nice party; we weren't even sure if we were going to go until the last minute.  I woke up early, like I do on the weekends, drank my coffee, looked up stuff like I always do online, then by 11:00am, I fell asleep trying to watch some college football.  I figured my peeps would come down any minute, so I fell asleep with the thought they would wake me in 20-30 minutes.  I ended up sleeping until 1:30pm, when I got up because I needed to go pee.  About that time, Wife texted if we were even home, I guess it was too quiet for her.  I told her yes, as I settled in front of the computer.  A few minutes later, Mijo came downstairs all dressed up, he never wears nice shirts without arguing with us first.

    He was all expecting us to be ready to go, after all, he had said we were going to go to the party, even if he never gave us a time.  Wife had already showered, so when she came downstairs, she turned right back around and went and put some makeup on.  I went and showered and got dressed as well.  As we were heading to the door, the parents called to ask if we were going to go.  Wife told her Mijo had not told us what time, but we were on our way.

    It was a nice time, most all the boys we see and argue with on a daily basis were there, so we knew most of them.  The birthday boy had a brother there we hadn't met, and there was another kid that was a friend who wasn't on the team that we didn't know either.  We finally got a chance to eat some of these wings I had heard so much about, Mijo actually told me the mom there made better wings than me, which I had found insulting until I tried them.  It is weird, but she says she boils them first, then when the meat is cooked thru, she will throw them on the grill to get them a little crispy on the outside, get a little char going.  I have to admit, the wings were great, the meat was still juicy, there was a little grill flavor, I was impressed.

    It was a nice time, we sat and talked to the parents for over four hours, Wife kept going and going.  I did not plan on staying there all afternoon, I thought we would say hi, taste a wing, then leave, but before I know it, it was almost 8:00pm.  We came home, Mijo made some story of needing to come home and write a paper, so we were all home and done for the evening by 9:00pm.  We did pick up some 1st Wok (Chinese food) before going home.  Wife and I ended the night watching a cool movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment