Monday, September 5, 2022

9/5/22 My Age Is Showing?

     This weekend was great and there was a lot of football in it, but for all the highs, there must be some lows.  We started this 5-day weekend (for me), on Thursday.  I told my supervisor I was going to need a handful of Thursdays since half of Mijo's games are on those nights.  I hadn't quite made the connection that this was going to be a long weekend because of the Labor Day holiday.  As an added bonus, Wife took the day off, Thursday morning we also had the MRI results, so she was anxious to know and be there with us, in case it did turn out to be some devastating news.  The results showed no tears or breaks, so he should be recovering, it is just his pain receptors slowing him down.

    Back to football, the Thursday night game in Cedar Creek was supposed to start at 7:30pm, but because of lightning, it was postponed to almost 9:00pm.  Since the Coogs ended up winning, the game ending almost at midnight did not hurt as badly.  Mijo and Wife did not get to bed until almost 1:30am, and they still had school on Friday.  I thought I would have it easy, but I have to get up to take Mijo to school before 9:00am, then once I got up, I felt compelled to clean.  The day passed and I barely got a chance to nap, I think I laid down for 40 minutes maybe at 5:00pm, before Wife got home.  We grilled and were in bed fairly early, because a friend of mine invited us to go watch the Longhorns at the stadium, so that made for another long day.

    Saturday, we spent the day preparing, going, and then coming back home around 10:00pm.  I can't say we did anything requiring more than walking, but come Sunday, I was drained.  Wife then added that we were meeting her family in New Braunfels for lunch, so there went my lazy Sunday afternoon.  We went and met them around 1:30pm at Sea Island, ate and were back by 4:30pm.  At that point, I did manage to take a nap for about 2 hours as did Wife and Mijo might have too, he was quietly in his room.  When we did get up around 7:00pm, Mijo asked if we would go pick up his friend, we did, then we stopped to eat at Jersey Mike's and got back home before 9:00pm.

    It was a quiet night; the friend came over because they have plans to go to the mall and hang out with other friends, so we went up to the bedroom and I was honestly out by 9:30pm.  I did get up a couple of times, Wife was still watching TV around 10:30pm, but I just wanted to sleep.  I got up at 9:00am, and honestly, it is now 11:00am and I feel like I could go back to bed for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment