Friday, September 16, 2022

9/16/22 Getting Too Old For This Shit?

     It is a cliche line, but it felt so true today.  Thursday games are good and bad.  I kind of like that the game is over and we can have the weekend to relax.  When games are on Fridays, we then have to plan and take Mijo to campus on Saturday mornings and then wait to go get him at noon, so even part of Saturday gets taken away.  Playing on Thursdays means that they have their team meetings and reviews of the game on Friday during their class.  We then get the Friday evening off and no shenanigans on Saturday.  The bad part is that the games do go on kind of late, and it isn't odd to still be up after midnight eating dinner and trying to get to bed.

    If that wasn't tough enough, this was Mijo's first game back, so he is still not in shape because he has not been practicing every day, and running, and doing all the conditioning he was used to doing.  On top of that, he had physical therapy this morning, which meant we had to get up at 6:30am to get there before 7:30am.  I wasn't doing anything, other than staying awake, but I still feel like I should be in the room with him.  We did the hour, his school trainer showed up, she wanted to see what they are doing, and maybe incorporate some of the stuff to what she does at school.  I thought it was awesome for her to show up, she has been wonderful in helping Mijo recover.

    After dropping off Big Boy at school, I ran over to a bakery and got some pan dulce for my coffee and went home.  I managed to eat a couple pieces, and enjoy my coffee, but I could not focus or write or do anything productive on the computer, so I went to bed.  I slept until around 11:00am, when Wife texted me that she was up.  I took a shower, I had not since we got back from the game or before going to the PT in the morning, so I am sure I was stinky, the game had been so muggy and warm.

    We went to a couple of Halloween stores, before it was time to go pick up Mijo from school.  He wanted to get picked up at 3:00pm, which we did, then we stopped to eat at Bill Miller.  The meal was fine, but we got home, and I went right back to bed.  I only got up around 6:30pm because I had to go to the bathroom.  I am now sitting here writing my thoughts and musings over the last two days and starting to wonder what we are going to eat for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment