Tuesday, September 6, 2022

9/6/22 New Motivation To Get Exercising?

     I can't or won't say I am going to get in shape, I just can't seem to do it and stay there, but I think I can get to the point of not huffing and puffing so much.  If I discovered anything this weekend, it is that I am not prepared to be walking around some theme park, especially during the hottest months of the year.  Going to the UT game this Saturday had me walking from the baseball parking lots across the freeway over and to the UT campus.  It was probably about a mile, but man, add in some topography and all the small elevation changes had me about dying.

    It was no better once we got inside the stadium as there were stairs everywhere.  It seems like underneath it would just be one level, but no, the guts pretty much follow the lay of the land and even if we were talking and distracted with so much fanfare, I noticed every time we had to go up or down.  Because of this, I am going to have to start getting my heart pumping regularly.  I have a treadmill, I just also have zero interest in using it, but if it means the difference between huffing and puffing in front of Mijo's classmates, then I have to do something, so I am not the weakest link.

    This all stems from conversations that Wife and the booster club mom keep having.  Wife mentioned to her that we were going to go to Disney and take a couple of Mijo's friends, and she turned that into a great idea for the Senior trip.  This chick gets shit done, she was telling us she is already in contacts with Disney and how much would an all-inclusive package run per kid.  I am not sure how many kids would even be able to go, I wouldn't want to be in charge of more than the handful of boys that I know, girls are a whole other matter.  You can yell at boys, or I can set Mijo on them and they will listen, but girls are on a whole other level, you can't yell at them or they spazz out.  Still, the point is the wheels are now in motion for a bigger trip than I was thinking.

    I don't want to be the lead parents on this thing but judging by the attendance of how many parents have shown up to the first few senior events, I can't imagine other parents stepping up.  This may mean that like it or not, we will have to be on our toes, keeping up with a group of young idiots in a new land.  At least it is early enough that I can plan out a strategy and get on that treadmill.

No comments:

Post a Comment