Monday, September 12, 2022

9/12/22 Living Without Cable?

     I thought I was fine living without cable and for the most part, I don't miss the commercials and BS being passed off as entertainment nowadays but wanting to get back into the NFL and even college games has me second guessing myself.  The biggest part is that we have a projector as our main "TV", so anything we see has to go through the PS4 or when we used to have cable, a cable box.  I am fully aware that we can use "rabbit ears" here in a big city and get decent reception to watch the local channels, CBS, NBC, ABC, and Fox.  The problem comes because of the projector, it does not have channel capability, so unless I can figure out something, maybe an old VCR with modern connections, I don't know how to make the antenna work.

    The next best thing was to fall back to the plasma we have in another room.  It works fine, but even at 50", it seems small compared to our projector in the main living room, where I have my ghetto bed to lie on.  Still, we persevered and even if I wasn't happy that the Longhorns ultimately lost, it was a very good game, and I was glad we were able to watch most of it, especially with Mijo actually being interested, other Mijo never cared for this type of entertainment.

    I did go to Best Buy early on Sunday and tried to find a solution, but even asking the guy working the TV section, there seemed to be no clear solution.  I would have bought a DVR device, if the guy had said it could take an antenna connection, but he seemed at a loss for a solution.  I only say this because it is about the only other thing they sell on the floor other than TVs.  I bought a fancy new antenna thinking it would give me better reception, but I did not really see an improvement, other than I didn't have goofy ears blocking the front of the screen.

    Watching a few minutes of commercials was cringy enough for me.  Men aren't heroes anymore, on any storyline.  Women are in the constant front seat, taking care of business, it made me glad enough that I am not paying for cable anymore.  Like I told Mijo at a certain point, the NFL does not discriminate, if a woman can run a 4.2 and take a hit, every team would be interested, but this is where reality creeps in.  I love every type of woman, but we are not the same, this BS of anything you can do, we can do better has to stop, we are all losing.

No comments:

Post a Comment