Thursday, September 29, 2022

9/27/22 Are Actual Pictures Still Worth Something?

     I don't know if I am wasting my money, but I went through the pictures taken all last wrestling season, by the team photographer, and I put together my version of a book for Mijo.  The pictures are a Hodge podge of action, some people have whole matches caught from start to finish and some of the kids barely have a picture or two.  I don't think this was intentional, some of the kids just got more attention as they found ways to win.

    Mijo was lucky enough to get plenty of attention when he fought, some based on him being the heavyweight, so it always seemed exciting to see what the big boys were going to do.  Honestly, the lighter weights have a more athletic, almost artistic way of fighting, being that they contort and bend while controlling their bodies to perfection.  With the heavyweights, a lot of times it was just two bulls pushing back and forth to see which one would tire out first and give in to the more fit person.

    That aside, I used Shutterfly for my projects, I chose it randomly and it has been alright, thus far, other than they tend to charge a lot for shipping and delivery.  Putting the book together was fairly straightforward, they have a template, it is up to the person doing the work to decide how many pictures per page.  I did vary it between pages that had up to four images to some where there was just one blown up picture that tok all of the page.  I went 27 pages long; I think the book starts with 20 pages and more can be added at a cost.  I would have preferred to have added all the pictures taken, but I really don't know half the kids, so putting them on a book seemed weird, why save them for later, if we don't know their names now?

    Aside from the book, I also ordered some large pictures from some of the images we have taken recently.  I wanted a large 12x12 pic of Mijo with his 2 close friends in uniform and then Mijo took a cool pic from above his head with most of the linemen eating breakfast together one Saturday morning.

    I don't know if kids today prefer to just keep their pics in their cameras, but I feel some images should just exist in their world, where they can see them regularly, this is why I thought those pics were good to make into large prints.  I want to fill his walls by the time his senior season is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment