Sunday, September 25, 2022

9/24/22 Party At The Swoop House?

     We went to a party in a semi weird location, for us.  This Swoop house, as it is called, is a house in East Austin that is basically downtown, but since it is on the East side, it is still hidden and surrounded by trees.  It felt like we were out in the country somewhere, even though there was a lifted road almost over the road we drove in on.  I was honestly a bit confused because the party was for the girl Mijo is dating, although it is complicated in that the parents haven't outright given their blessing, so the relationship is kind of hidden from them.  Adding to that, we now know the parents and they come and talk to us at every game and function we see them at, but according to Mijo we are not to discuss them, so we just keep acting dumb, even though we know they aren't fond of Mijo, or they don't want their Mija dating.  It is all annoying and both Wife and I just want to scream "WHY DON"T YOU LIKE MIJO, EVERYONE LOVES HIM?"  

    Other than that small fact, the party was kind of cool, well, it started at 7:00pm and when we got there it was just hot, and humid, and we were all supposed to hang out outside.  There was one small dining area in the house, but the party was clearly meant to be had outside.  Before the sun went down, all of the East side mosquitos had a nice drink of my type O+ blood or whatever I have and fattened up for the winter, both Wife and I got bit so many times, I stopped fighting it, even after applying half a bottle of OFF.  By the end of the night, most of the mosquitos had filled with our blood and the weather cooled just enough to make being outside tolerable, I still wanted to stay inside every time I went to go get more food.

    It is a smallish house, but it has a large catering kitchen, and the island was filled with food.  I guess they had a small kitchen crew that stayed hidden or blended in, I never noticed who was doing it, but every time I went back for more food (and I did because it was a chance to be in A/C), the food was restocked.  Because it was a girl's birthday, the main serving was salad, but there was plenty of chicken, beef, bacon, and all the other stuff you put on salads to make it worth my while.  She also loves macaroni salad, so there was a giant bowl of it, and it was actually pretty good, I usually avoid it and just consider it filler.  There was this wavy tray that held hard shell tacos already prepared, so I grabbed a couple, then some bean filled quesadillas that were technically vegan, but I ate about 8-9 thinking they were bean cincos or something.

    I guess because she had her dance squad there, the big thing was dancing, once it got dark, the Tex-anns took over the dance floor and danced everything from Queen to cumbias to country.  It was fun seeing Mijo dancing first with his boys on the edge of the dance floor and finally dancing a song or two with his girl.

    The only rough part was that there seemed to be no ending for this party, and we did have to be up early for yet another booster activity in the morning.  We left the party at midnight, headed home, got in bed after taking a shower, I needed it after all those bug bites and tons of OFF on my skin.



No comments:

Post a Comment