Sunday, September 25, 2022

9/25/22 Busy Homecoming Week?

     Well, we started Homecoming week with a bang, I guess.  Some of the booster club moms thought it would be fun if w we went and decorated their locker rooms in Cougar stuff.  What we ended up doing was hanging a bunch of streamers and balloons in the jock corridor of the school.  We did finally get a view of the boy's locker room and where they keep their football gear.  It was nice to see Mijo's locker decorated with last week's dress shirt and tie plus one of his belts.  By the time we left, I did go ahead and grab the dirty clothes to bring home and wash.

    We all did what we could, probably favoring our kid a bit more.  One of the moms was not shy, she put about 7 balloons and a door streamer thing on his locker and left.  The rest of us tried making all of the lockers a bit more festive.  We didn't buy anything new, but Wife had bought so many extra streamers for the mum we're still working on, that I decided to take all the extra stuff and hang it up around the lockers.  We did put a little extra around Mijo's locker, but it was a cheesy gold streamer that I couldn't figure what to do with as far as the mum was concerned.  I thought it made sense his locker has the dance squad motif because he is dating a dancer.

    My other thought was to put candies in all their lockers, so we bought a couple bags of Halloween candies and placed some in every locker.  I want these kids to remember they are still kids at heart.  Give your best on the field, but I also hope you are enjoying your time while doing this.  I kind of was surprised at the birthday party when they were all suddenly playing freeze tag, which is a kid's game, but they are all still kiddos, it was cute, other than when the 250 pounder is barreling at you at full speed.

    As far as preparations, I have mentioned it to mom, they are coming for the game, whether he plays or not.  I asked his brother if he wanted to come to the game, I didn't get a yes, but I also didn't get a no, so I will call this a possible maybe.  I am not sure if Wife has invited her folks, but that could be another wad of people to come and watch.  What we need is a win, these guys have worked tirelessly all summer, they need to see some victories to match the sacrifices and hard work they do.  Here's to hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment