Tuesday, September 13, 2022

9/13/22 Covid Is Still A Thing?

     I know it is still technically around, but come on, people are so over this BS.  However, it turns out Wife finally caught the infamous virus, after avoiding it since it first started.  I am still surprised when I hear someone has not had it, and there are a few people who have managed to avoid it.  Just over the weekend, we went walking around the mall, maybe it was last weekend, but anyway, we walked through the furniture section at Dillard's and ran into the sales lady we bought a few living room chairs and other stuff when we first moved.  I honestly hadn't seen her in a couple years and thought maybe she had retired or moved.  She said she was well and when we got talking on the subject, she said she had not gotten it.  My coworker also told me yesterday that he too has not had it.  There is also most of Wife's family who have not gotten it even though one works in a bank, one works in a cafeteria, and the brother works in a hospital.

    Wife came down sick on Saturday evening, after spending the day buying homecoming mum stuff, she said she felt tired and worn out, so she went to bed early.  She didn't throw up or anything dramatic, but she said she had fever and was burning up all night.  Sunday seemed to be a little better, she stayed up in the room, but by evening, she came down and sat with us to eat dinner.  This was quickly followed by going back upstairs and again going to bed early.  I thought she should have stayed home, but the boss in her wouldn't let her take it easy, she went to work saying she felt better.

    At work, one of the lady's involved with Covid testing happened to come to her office and she mentioned she might be sick so keep your distance.  This prompted the Covid expert to test for Covid, of course.  She tested positive after a few hours and by the time I was driving to work around 1:00pm, she was headed home, grounded for the next week.  Now we are Wednesday, and if this started on Saturday, she is a good four days into having contracted the virus.  Last night, she said she still felt weak and took it easy.  It is 10:30am and I am just now hearing hr step around upstairs, I am hoping all the extra sleep have her feeling better today.

   At this moment, Mijo and I feel fine, I don't think we have gotten infected.  I don't want to test because I feel those tests are designed to give a positive result, as in better safe than sorry, but who has time to stop living for a week?  I am adding that the newest version of Covid, Omicron or whatever it is called now, doesn't appear to be as deadly, so it is mostly just a fancy cold now.  That is at least my interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment