Sunday, September 18, 2022

9/18/22 Cable Might Be Cheaper?

     Shit, I thought we could save money by not having cable.  We got tired of paying $250 or more back when we still had cable about a year ago, and up until now, it seemed like a good enough deal to live without it.  All that has seemed to change now that Mijo and I are starting to watch football again.  Suddenly, I was scrambling to try and get the UT game on TV, but that did not work out.  I looked around and supposedly we could have bought YouTube TV and they had the game on, but that was over $89 a month, which does not make sense.  I also tried FUBU TV and that was even more expensive.  I could not in good conscience just sign up for a monthly fee of almost $100 for the privilege of watching some football.

    Instead, we waited, and although we did not see the Longhorns, there were other games to watch, if we had wanted to.  Saturdays are full of different college teams, and I know UT has some agreement with the Longhorn network where they show like two games solely on that channel, and this week was one of them.  Normally, their games will be on more normal channels, so it won't be that hard to watch them.

    I was really shocked to find that signing up for FUBU, which I think is all sports, costs near $100 a month.  For that matter, I could have kept U-Verse without the internet and phone, and it would probably have been close to $100 a month, but we would have all the other channels as well, not just the ESPN ones.

    I know I don't miss those commercials though.  Tonight, while watching the Sunday night game with Mijo we saw another stupid commercial with a girl as QB, ughh, those type of commercials bother me because we don't have to see women occupy every position of man, do we?  I would challenge a woman to get in there with the men of the NFL and try to compete.  Those are elite men, the best of the best that are produced from the thousands of kids that start playing since they can walk.  These men are stronger and faster and more reactive than anyone else on the planet, they really are the best of us physically, no offense, but for a woman to try and fit in would be a case of suicide.  Yes, women can compete with men in almost any other arena, but that is what makes football so special, it really only takes the best players.

No comments:

Post a Comment