Sunday, November 7, 2021

11/7/21 My Parents Finally Came Up?

     It has been a rough 4-5 months in which we hadn't had a chance to really see my parents.  With football in full gear, along with Wife starting her new job and life just getting back normal, more or less, it has been near impossible to fit in a visit back home.  My Mom, wanting to see Baby A play in at least one game, came up on the last game of the season, a rough one for sure, but I was happy she joined us.  I only say a rough one because of the weather, it didn't help the beating was so severe, but sitting in the cold an hour away from home, does not help.  The game started in the upper 50s and by the time we left, the temperature was in the low 40s.  The only saving grace was that the wind was not moving, so it did not feel any worse than that.  I sat in one game, his freshman year alone, on the last game where it was sleeting and the temp was near the 30s, that game sucked.

    Anyways, once we got past that, the visit has been pleasant, there was no rush to go to the mall or anywhere really.  We did manage to go out for lunch Saturday afternoon, for the first time in a long time Mijo did not have Saturday morning practice, so he was able to sleep in.  We let him choose, and he had wanted to go to Red Robin, which was a good selection, I like eating there, specially when we add the onion tower.  My mom and brother joined us for lunch then we headed to Sam's to get some meat for dinner.  Even during lunch there at Red Robin, we can tell there is a shortage of waiters.  There were maybe two waiters attending to the whole restaurant and it did take a little longer than normal to eat.  I can't imagine it would have been better if we had attempted dinner out somewhere else later that night.

    My dad is another story.  The old Fart does not want to leave the house, he chose to stay at our house and watch football, but bring him back something to eat (of course).  His big Saturday plans were to watch some boxing match (the most important one ever, aren't they all?)  We ended up going back and forth, Wife certainly was not going to be happy paying $80 for a boxing match, but my dad ended up coughing up the money, so I relented.  It took forever to get to the match.  In the meantime, we grilled, I wanted to take a nap in the afternoon, but I never got around to it.

    My parents seemed relaxed in our unconventional living room with its "ghetto bed".  They had to admit it is nice to have the ability to lay down or sit on the chairs all around the room to stretch out and relax or get cozy on a chair and watch videos on their phones.  My dad was able to sit front and center of the projector screen and watch the most important boxing match of all time, or that was offered on this Pay-Per-View showing.  Baby A sat with Grandpa all evening and at one point said he was enjoying the boxing with him.  I tried my hardest to keep him company, but I was in and out of sleep waiting for the main event, and then only stayed awake by constantly getting up to get snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment