Sunday, November 28, 2021

11/27/21 Food Prices?

     Wow, I am starting to notice the higher cost of things in the store.  I'm a little perturbed, not exactly shocked, we have been aware of prices steadily climbing up and it is who's guess when something will make the prices turn down.  I really haven't gone for a "fill the basket, spend $300-$400 shopping spree in a couple months, since Baby A has been busy with classes and Wife gets home late, we are eating out a lot more, not that the food is any better, but it is convenient, I guess.

    This morning I figured I would go get some things to start the week, plus I really like to grill and I don't feel like we have eaten much "meat" in the past week.  Between pizzas, sandwiches, the turkey meal and corresponding leftovers, there hasn't been a real chance of just grilling some fajitas and enjoying some fat tacos.  The first shocker was Wife had asked for Q-tips, I saw them in the big baskets as you walk in the store and I said get those, although I though $4.99 was a bit much.  I wasn't planning on getting much, so I said OK and kept on going.  The next thing to get my attention was the Cheetos, I usually throw in a bag or two, Mijo loves himself some Cheetos and I do too, but the regular bag was $3.88.  That is really too much for a bag of chips.  Yes, I could afford them, but I can't buy them on principle.

    Another big shocker was the bacon.  I usually grab this big pack from Oscar Mayer, I am not saying it is the best but it gives you the most slices and we use it to make our jalapeno bombers, wrapping half a jalapeno with a slice of Mexican cheese, I hadn't noticed the price, so it didn't bother me before, maybe it was $7.  It was something like $10.86, which seems like a lot for a pack of bacon.  I am already avoiding the fancy steaks like rib-eyes and T-bones, not to mention the briskets, but it is only going to get worse.  

    I still got my fajitas, at a cost of like $23 for a pack of 2.2 pounds, which sounds excessive.  I am supplementing the meal with some sausages, chicken thighs, and some other cheap cut of beef which works on the grill.  I'm not really "crying" about the cost, we will still be able to eat even if prices get a lot crazier, but what do people on fixed incomes or low incomes do if this does last another 3-4 years, yes I blame the idiot president, even if I am wrong.  It kind of sucks, but even if these people suffer the most, they are the ones that will continue to line up and vote blue, so they are almost asking for the pain.

    What do I know though?  Oh well, I will enjoy my BBQ to the best of my ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment