Thursday, November 25, 2021

11/25/21 Did A Reboot Yesterday?

     I think Wednesday was finally our first day of really resting, with no agendas or things to get us out the door.  I thought we were going to rest on Tuesday after we got back from visiting my folks, but Wife lined up a delivery of the small blankets she picks up once a month at 10:30am.  Although I didn't really want to go, I also did not have a good excuse not to, other than I would have preferred to just lay around.  I had gotten up at 6:00am, thinking it was a free day, and just when I was thinking "time to go nap, Wife likes to sleep until noon when she is off", she comes down the stairs dressed and ready to leave.  Once we picked up the blankets, it turned into "let's go get our pies for Thanksgiving, Central Market is on the way."  It made sense, but it also lengthened the trip.  I could not miss out on going to the store next door, they sell all sorts of cool gadgets and bags, which I like finding stocking stuffers for the boys there.

    We got our pies and then headed home, which then Baby A wanted to go looking around Best Buy, maybe he would get lucky and find one of the new X Boxes.  Best Buy did not have any, Walmart supposedly had 15, but they were being saved for Black Friday, I guess they still like a crowd on the verge of killing each other to save a buck.  We gave up on the idea and came back home. Wife managed to buy some stuff for dinner and burgers to make on Wednesday.

    Getting back to our reboot yesterday, we didn't do anything other than I did go pick up Mijo's friends and then drop them off, but around that, I mostly just napped, ate junk food, grilled the burgers and napped some more.  Wife was not much better, she was already not feeling her best (you know, that time...), so she barely even left the room, which if anybody needs some time off, it is her.  

    I hate to say it, but here we go again.  I got up at 8:00am and already feel like we are running behind schedule.  For whatever reason, Wife says we are leaving at 10:30am to San Antonio, I drank my one cup of coffee with some toasted sweet bread from Central Market and now it is already 9:30am.  I just got the annoying yell from upstairs that she is out of the shower, which is basically "get your ass in gear and come and poop and stuff so we can leave..."  goddammit, I hate always being on some mental schedule to appease others.  Rare is the day when we can just sit around and really just chill.

    Oh well, maybe tomorrow can be another lazy day.  We don't really do the whole Black Friday shopping, people get too stupid and aggressive to save a buck or two, fuck that.  That is my second warning, she just screamed to the boys so they can wake up, so I guess I will go do as I am told or I might not get any turkey.  Happy Thanksgiving Y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment