Thursday, November 4, 2021

11/4/21 Prop A Did Not Pass?

     I was honestly confused into not voting this past election here locally.  At one point, we were outside the doors to the polling place, there is one here in Southpark Meadows, next to Bath and Bodyworks, but a little discussion with Wife turned me off.  I was set to go in and vote For proposition A, which is touted as a YES to adding more cops, but Wife told me she was voting NO, because she heard that a YES vote would cost us more tax wise, and they would then be cutting many other social services.  I could not comprehend the logic there, but I did tell her it was bullshit if we are going to go in there and just cancel each others votes, all I'll end up getting is my name out there and then get selected to jury duty, and fuck that!  That is the worst thing a busy person needs, going downtown to listen and decide on some mouth breather who can't control himself and breaks the law, fuck all those assholes, bring back the guillotines and show a couple of these assholes get beheaded.  I bet that would slow down crime a bit.

    What I don't understand is we had the money for a police force of whatever size it was.  Then the "Defund the Police" imbeciles started, so that worked, somehow people in charge didn't think this would affect the outside world?  Austin was so progressive, cutting $150 million dollars from the police budget.  Did we get a refund of some sort?  I didn't notice if we did, so what happened to that money?  Now, somehow they need a tax increase to add the $150million dollars so they can give back the police the money they took from their budget.  A little sleight of hand is being played on the Austin citizen because that money was there prior to "Defund the Police".  If they are playing 3 card monte and just moved money from here to there and now we get to replace that money, then they really need to say they want another $150 million dollars to add social services and whatever other boondoggle that money was spent on.

    So what do we get to live with as a result of "Defund the Police"?  Some are saying the homicide number has doubled, in one year, we now hear of shootings very regularly downtown.  We got a notice a few weeks ago that police will no longer respond to common things they normally would, such as car accidents, house break-ins, car vandalism, and other non emergency situations.  I don't think I have needed police personally, but I don't like that I can't just dial 911 in an emergency, we must pull out our sleeve playbook like a football player and decide if what we just went through is emergency enough for that call, otherwise, suck it up Nancy.  Just another reason that has me thinking it is time to move on out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment