Tuesday, November 23, 2021

11/23/21 Visiting My Parent's?

     There never seems to be enough time to just detach from our obligations, but I guess we do the best we can.  Wrestling kept us busy Friday and Saturday, honestly, it is Tuesday and I am still a little beat from that big event.  Still, we got up Sunday morning and after a bit, drove ourselves down to Crystal City to visit my parents and siblings.  I honestly love visiting with my family, I just don't like being out of my own environment.  We have three bathrooms, for example, in our house (one dedicated for Wife and my fat butt), but over there, we all have to share the one.  If that isn't bad enough, even my siblings who both live next door and behind my mom's house will also hang out and fight for time in the one bathroom.  Then of course, I sleep somewhere between the bed and my recliner, splitting time on both.  I love sleeping in bed, but my back will hurt after awhile, then I switch to the recliner and it feels better, but I do like laying down on a bed more, so I keep going back and forth.  I can't really do that over there, so I wake up with a sore back.

    Other than those little inconveniences, the trip was fine.  My brother's boy wanted to light a fire Sunday night, they got back around 6:30pm, we had arrived around 4:00pm, they had gone to San Antonio to buy a new vehicle, he got a nice loaded Tahoe.  There was a little pissing and moaning when they arrived, as it was his kid's idea to make a fire (it is a newish thing they do, to hang outside in the evenings), but my brother was still pissed that we hadn't started anything.  I have no idea where they even keep the firewood, I think my brother bought a cord of wood which he keeps in his shed, but they were also pulling firewood from all over the yard, so I wasn't sure what was happening.  They also argued over the wood not being cut small enough to light, I just joked "where do you put the pellets in this grill?"  I don't mess around like this, I rely on my pellet grill to light a fire outside.  Once they got it going, it was a pretty good time until it got late and we started feeling the cold, it got cool at night.

    I got up early Monday, around 8:00am, and we just kind of sat around most of the day drinking coffee and eating.  About the time my mom finished making the cake, Baby A started getting fidgety that he wanted to come home to study.  We then ended up leaving by 3:00pm.  We were probably home by 6:30pm, which was good considering the horrible traffic which just makes me feel bad for Wife who is stuck in that every day.

    Although it was a quick visit, my mom and dad are supposed to come up in a week or two to watch our boy in one of his wrestling matches, so we will see.  It is one thing to wrestle, but even being a spectator requires a sort of fitness or one could pull a muscle just sitting there all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment