Saturday, November 13, 2021

11/13/21 Boy Thinks I'm His Butler Or Man-Servant?

     Boy is in Dallas at the moment.  Yesterday, before they left, I was sitting at the table working on cooking my ribs in the oven (very different from grill, but still delicious).  He came by, I thought he was gonna give me a hug, but he got close enough to throw me his keys and say "I need an oil change, and probably other stuff, like transmission fluid flush..."  I said "and what?  I'm supposed to get up early and go handle this for you?  Sir, yes Sir!"  I then told him to give me some money, I'm not paying for this at this point (he is now a full time engineer, with a real salary).  He very casually says "let me know how much it is, I'll Venmo you the money."  That sounds great, but I don't have Venmo or Paypal or any of those type of apps, to which he rolls his eyes and says "fine I'll pay Mama."

    I could sit and argue with him, but I do like to go to Ford and look around, plus Wife had a thing to be at, so I was free, if I got up early.  I forgot it was supposed to be chilly in the morning, it was down to 43 when I left the house, but it felt nice, I guess.  The real problem was the glass on his car, it was smeared and the haze/wetness made it almost impossible to see.  We leave the house and our street is directly in line with the sun coming up, so I could not see anything.  I had taken off thinking I could manage, but I stopped and pulled over by the side of the road a few houses down from ours and blasted the heat to try and clean the glass.  It took a few more minutes and then the sun got up just enough or the angle of the road changed just enough that I was able to drive.  This of course made me decide I was going to have to wash his car, yet again.

    I spent about an hour at Ford, it wasn't that bad.  I talked to a guy that said does the buying of used cars, he tried talking me into selling him the Edge, but I don't want to get a payment, right now it is paid off, as are the Escape and the Excursion.  I was heavily teased by the Bronco they had sitting outside.  It was not fully loaded and I think it was even manual, but it had a price tag of $38,900.  I got excited for a second, thinking I could handle the standard transmission, like they have said in some Youtube videos "it works as a security device, idiot kid thieves can't drive a stick."  The buyer over in the back said he would look up the information for me, I started working equations in my head thinking "could we afford a $600 payment?"  I figured I could move some things around, but alas, it was a demo or something that was not available for sale.  I came back to me senses after, and settled down.

    The oil change was only $56.  I paid for it, got home and decided I would wash Boy's Edge, mostly because the windows all needed cleaning and I think he has been parking underneath trees because it was full of bird crap all on the hood.  Since I had just waxed it a couple months ago, it came off pretty easy.  I did refuse to vacuum it, I can't keep doing everything for the little Shit, but it really needed a washing.

No comments:

Post a Comment