Tuesday, November 2, 2021

11/2/21 Mijo Woke Up With A Rumbly In His Tumbly?

     I joke about it because he is fine now, a day later, but Baby A woke up Monday morning around 4:00am saying he felt sick and needed wipes to clean the bathroom upstairs where he threw up.  I was so out of it that I just gave him a tube of Clorox wipes and went back to bed.  He then came back down at 6:30am and said his stomach was hurting and he felt bad, so I told him to relax and not worry about going to school.  I then texted Wife who was already on her way to work and she said for him to grab a towel and put it underneath him, incase he throws up again.  She didn't think Pepto Bismol would be a good idea, thinking if it is food poisoning it is better to get it all out, not protect it and keep it in the body.  I thought this sounded smart, so I told him to just lay down.  I sleep in the living room a lot during the week, if I am going to be up late, so I don't bother Wife, and Mijo laid there on the bed close to me as I slept on my recliner.

    He wanted to say it was food poisoning but we did not get sick, Wife and I.  We ate a very basic meal that is hard to screw up.  I mean pork can make you sick, but it was ribs that had sat in the freezer for a couple weeks max, and honestly I overcooked them, I like a crispy outer black look to my BBQ.  Plus we ate three racks total, but I cut all three racks into 2-3 pairs of ribs and they were all mixed on a pan, so it's not like he ate the one bad pack of ribs.  The only side we also ate was some rice Boy had a day ago, but again, we all ate the rice.

    I think he got his upset stomach from eating too many candies from the bowl we had outside that we used to give to the trick or treaters.  I can and do go hard on the candies, but he rarely eats sweets like that.  For a husky kid, I am always surprised that he doesn't usually eat junk food like that.  Still, that is the only thing that makes sense to us.  He sat with us outside on the driveways we handed out candies and while we waited for the little groups of kids, I would take candies and eat them.  He was also doing the same.

    The only other thing to consider was that they played their football game on Friday, got up early to go to Saturday practice, then had friends over Saturday afternoon and they spent the night.  They were all gone by 1:00pm on Sunday, but that didn't leave him hardly any time to rest.  While we napped for a couple hours after eating pancakes and sausages Sunday afternoon, he had to stay up and write a paper, so I do believe he was just exhausted.  He was fine by Monday night, opting to eat some leftover fajitas even as Wife told him to stick to soups.  He is good now on Tuesday morning, as he walks around getting ready at 7:00am.

No comments:

Post a Comment