Friday, November 19, 2021

11/19/21 I am On Vacation?

     It seemed like a long time coming, but I am officially on Thanksgiving break.  I like that this holiday has slowly grown from a 4 day weekend to a whole week off.  I remember when I started working back when we were AMD, I didn't even take the days off.  Back when I started I wanted to make as much money as possible, so working through the holiday meant all sorts of holiday pay plus time and half for working on the two days considered holidays.  It would kick start the holiday shopping by giving us a big fat check with extra money.  Nowadays, I am not so focused on that idea anymore, I guess I have gotten older and not to mention, Wife makes more money, so I don't really stress or ask for overtime anymore.  I don't think I have even worked overtime other than 1 day when I was asked to help cover one weekend we got backed up in like 3 years.

    As much as I have a week off, I don't know how relaxing it will be.  We start tonight and Saturday with a wrestling tournament, the first one of the season.  Baby A is walking around the house right now (around 8:00am) trying to round up his singlet (wrestling outfit), headgear, shoes, towels, and anything else that might help him get through the day.  It is a bit disorganized in that it was supposed to be in one facility but it was moved last night.  After this, we are going to my mom's for a couple days, to visit and celebrate Mijo's 17th birthday on the 22nd.  Hopefully, we get some rest in our house on Tuesday and Wednesday, we have to be back, Mijo has a test in an ACC class, they are not off for the week, like AISD.  Thursday we are going to my in-law's for the day and hopefully we can just chill Friday and the rest of the weekend, although Mijo has already said he wants to go to the mall with his friends on Saturday, to hang out and watch a movie, so that will require some more scheduling and running around.

    Still, it will be nice, Wife hasn't had any time off since starting at her new job in San Antonio, so she is really looking forward to disconnecting from reality for awhile and just be lazy in warm-ups and no getting up at 5:00am.  Boy will be around, but he is where I was twenty years ago.  He is going to work or be on call on Thanksgiving.  He has the phone they call if someone needs to go into the office on Thanksgiving afternoon, so we will go eat early in San Antonio, but he needs to be back early, before 3:00pm I think, so he can be on call here close by.  He will be working the rest of the week, Monday through Wednesday, as far as I know.

    I like this time of year, after going back to work, it is just three weeks and I get another hopefully two weeks off for Christmas and New Year's.  I am still unsure because I have gotten the time off the last couple years, I am supposed to let others in my group have first shot at taking the time off, someone needs to be available to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment