Thursday, November 4, 2021

11/3/21 Liberals Still Ain't Getting It?

     Last night was the first test on America, to see what choosing Biden has done to the thinking across America.  To me, it has seemed like one disappointment after another, starting with his first day in office and shutting down the oil pipeline.  Even if it does not impact the pump (how can it not?), it is bad optics to start your first day in charge by putting people out of work.  10-11 months into his presidency, gas is now up significantly, even here in Austin, I am now seeing gas at $3.00 and up, something we hadn't seen since the Bush era and all the fighting after 9/11.  If that is not enough, there seem to be shortages on food and essential items, I noticed large sections of open shelves and display cases where there should be meat yesterday at the store.  The food that is there is also a lot more expensive, steaks are now routinely above $18.99 a pound.  I love me a good ribeye, but I will wait until prices come down, or ehh, start eating the "select" cuts, how the mighty have fallen.

    I really had not been political prior to Trump, he really opened my eyes and now it seems I spend 80% of my time online looking at political videos.  It was nice to see the race in Virginia, where it had been dominated by Democrats over the last decade, turn red and now a republican will be governor.  There is only so much nonsense the people will take and after the last two years of BLM, and LGBTQIAetc (never ending with the letters), the leaking border, the debacle of leaving Afghanistan (leaving so much high tech equipment, why?), and on and on... I honestly feel weird writing that, because prior to Trump I despised the republican side, to me it meant idiots leading with the Bible, which to me is an antiquated book, fine it has lessons, but so do so many other books and materials.  I think that was the conservative swinging wildly at the height of their power, much like the liberals did this past year.

    The country does better when it is more even keeled, it really needs to be a balance of both to be successful, but those fringe elements have got to go for the left, or they will be hurting and it will show in coming elections.  I don't think this one was quite enough for them to learn.  Come the next morning, the tools on CNN were proclaiming it as "dogwhistle racism", whatever that means, even as a Jamaican American woman became the first Lt. Governor in that same election.  CNN really has to be moved over next to MTV, it isn't news, it's entertainment, much like MTV with its Jersey Shore and other mindless programming.  CNN is playing at being a news organization, but hardly anyone is watching these days as more and more, even Youtube "shows" get more viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment