Tuesday, December 5, 2017

12/5/17 Serious Talk At The Gym?

    It had been a long while since I went to the gym.  After my leg injury, I started too fast and I think I got the equivalent of tennis elbow lifting dumbells.  My right elbow still feels like something in it is not right, but we carry on.  My coworker I usually go with texted and we made plans to go.  I always enjoy getting into discussions but he can be a little dogmatic in his positions.  Last night I mentioned how Javalina is really interested in talking religion now and he says he has noticed so we got in to it, but one of his first sentences was to the effect of "it is accepted or fact that we all have a spirit or something to that direction.  Whoa!  That sentence is awesome but not a true sentence as "the sky is blue."  If you can't prove it scientifically, all you can say is I feel we all have a spiritual component.  Saying, the majority of people agree with me that we have a spirit again is great, but even if 99.9% of people believe something, it is not true unless you have proof.  At one point the church would and could kill you if you said the earth rotated around the sun, ask Galileo, and who was right in the end?  Proof Baby!
    We got into other discussions, such as flirting and more with the opposite sex.  I, of course, feel like it is what greases the wheels of life.  I love Wife but after thirty years, I certainly can't spin her around and find a new spot I haven't discovered on her.  This is the kind of uncomfortable stuff I like to get into.  I believe flirting and getting to know new people brings new energy to a relationship, be it positive or negative, I personally hate stagnant water.  If I had to do 70 years of How's it going Honey?  Good.  Damn!  Kill me already!  If every conversation is about "Are you good? Yes." what do you work on?  He says it can damage a relationship, but I say prove it.  I'm not saying knocking boots with other people, that is a whole other animal, I am just talking about flirting and nearing that edge.
    We discussed other stuff but I don't want to just spit it out, it has to be laid down delicately.  They have opened their house and are allowing an old acquaintance's daughter to stay with them, for free.  I ask what do you get out of that?  He said it felt good to help people.  I said "been there, done that, wish I could get my generosity back.  Going back to when Boy was in high school and that other boy stayed with us.  It was awesome at the end, kid didn't lift a finger, yelled at us, turned out he needed all these medicines, he was unstable.  It felt great helping the needy.  Fuck that!  Again with my last renter, once they decided they were moving out, it's Fuck you Mando.  People can kiss my ass, help yourself, it's what I did and it made me stronger.  I'm done being a welcome mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment