Monday, December 18, 2017

12/18/17 Tamales and Fantastical Rides?

    We spent Saturday making tamales in San Antonio, well Wife did, I mostly slept and ate and slept some more, it was a good lazy day for me.  One of the conditions of going was that I wanted to stop at the store where they sell jetskis, dirtbikes, 4-wheelers, and other goodies.  I had heard that prices can be better in the winter months, as these places have inventory from last year they want to get rid of for the newer stuff coming with the new calendar year.  Last time we went to Woods Fun Center which I believe is a sister store to this one in New Braunfels, almost across the highway from Buc-ees, they had something like 10-15 jetskis, half in the store, half out back.  This store had one and it was a racing one, so it was not in any kind of sale price, so we mostly just walked around looking at the bikes and stuff for about half an hour.
    Javalina, in his new title as cranky teenager was sitting in the back seat with his shitty "I don't want to get off" and "why are we wasting time here?"  I shoved my head in the back seat area and told him thickly to "stop being a fucking douchebag and just shut up and stay there."  I hate negative attitudes specially when he doesn't even know what they sell there.  He seemed surprised when I yelled at him, looking up from his phone.  We really need to start limiting his time on that phone, but then he ends up talking too much.  Once he walked in the store and checked his attitude he declared this was the coolest store and he didn't want to leave.
    Not that I have the money to buy one of these toys right now, but my question has always been "where do you get to enjoy these toys, if they are not licensed for public roads?  In the movies there are always cool places to go, like an open desert or even beaches where they are allowed, but to my knowledge, they are not allowed on Texas beaches, they are also not allowed on any of the state parks.  Other than these two places, I don't know where you can find big open spaces to run around.  We have a nice long greenbelt that connects to a local city park, so if people didn't cry at the slightest of someone else having fun, we could maybe use some dirt bikes back there, but I know any of the post 60yr olds would report us the minute they saw the bikes getting unboxed at the house.
    Wife keeps saying I can buy a Can-Am Spyder, which is a three wheeled motorcycle, but I don't believe her. 

Image result for can am spyder


They also have this three wheel car that almost looks like the Batmobile with the new roof top they have added to it this year.

Related image



No comments:

Post a Comment