Sunday, December 17, 2017

12/17/17 On The Topic Of Boats?

    What has happened in the boating world over the last few years?  I told Wife I would like to consider buying a boat in a couple years, after we get some credit card issues fixed up.  In the meantime, I have been looking around, for example, at Bass Pro Shops, the prices are reasonable, a pontoon boat as long as 24 feet, for under $32,000 is totally possible, going with the Suntracker brand.  If you want anything a little nicer, think double that price, for an equivalent sized pontoon boat.  The Regency line, which is the nicer pontoon boats at Bass ProShops list for $39,000 to $73,000.  I honestly don't want a pontoon but I am keeping my mind open to it.
    Maybe it is the magazine I subscribed to, ten years or so ago, I had a subscription to Trailer Boats, and all the boats in those pages were at least only as big as could be towed by a big truck.  There were boats in the $100K range, but that was not an every day thing.  I did not find that magazine, so I got Boating, thinking it would be similar, but nope.  Most boats go for$400,000 and up in that magazine, so I can't even afford to fantasize about most of those boats.  I tell myself, maybe if Wife ends up as Superintendent somewhere, then maybe something in the $200,000 for this fat boy.
    They tend to favor larger boats, such as on the latest cover a Carver 34.  These boats are basically yachts and out of my league.  So, where does that leave me?  Even the pontoon boats in this magazine are blown out with 350-400HP engines.  When the motors start out at $40,000, you know the boat is going to be at least $100,000.
    Maybe it is all a fantasy and I won't ever be able to own another boat.  I tell Wife I would be happy with some PWC.  I think it would be cool to go fishing on some jetskis, could get into some real shallow water, plus the boys will be done with us in a couple years.  I can see Wife and I in a couple of beet red Yamaha jetskis fishing somewhere on the coast, just the two of us.  The boys could join but they must leave the negativity at home and Boy has not liked this idea since I first thought of it.  I thought of it when I saw Seadoo selling some new low powered ones for $5000.  Of course, you can't be a fat ass and expect 60HP to move you around.
    This is where we say new diet starts at the start of the year.  Why not?  2017 was easily the shittiest year we have had since we married.  Things should be better from here on out, but life has a way to prove you wrong, so again, we shall see.  Maybe we win the lottery in the next week, then 2017 might be the best year ever, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment