Saturday, December 16, 2017

12/16/17 A Week Until Christmas?

    Why doesn't it feel more like Christmas time?  Maybe it's because we don't go to the mall as much as we used to, but I swear I don't feel any holiday spirit, and I don't mean in a humbug way, I love Christmas music, probably have 25-30 different CDs from funny to instrumental, but even in the stores, I haven't heard much of it.  I used to load the CD deck and carry 6 discs in rotation but then it broke and I didn't think when I bought the replacement stereo, it only has one disk and I just don't have time to be constantly changing it.  I've also been stuck between my two newest favorite stations, Lithium, which plays 90s alternative and Boneyard, which is Ozzy's station and plays heavy metal.  I know XM has a Christmas station or two, need to figure out the numbers for this week.
    It seemed like a great idea once we got to the summer and we hadn't taken down the tree to just leave it up.  With Wife gone, it's not like we have many visitors, so nobody sees it, normally.  We just plugged it back in starting the day after Thanksgiving.  If I had gotten off my ass, this would have been genius, although I did hurry up and took down 95% of the Halloween decorations, I left the lights on the rails and now that is slowing me down.  I need to take my nippers and cut the zip ties holding them in place, find the red and white lights and do a replacement.  That was the urge that got me out of bed, but here I am, on the computer, not doing the reason I got up at noon (on Friday) for.  I just hate when the day wants to end, Wife is here, and I feel I need to do this, instead of taking care of the little Mando.  I promised myself I would attack tonight, so no late snacks in the room.
    The boys always carry me in the right direction, and maybe with Boy done for the semester with school and Javalina only going next week on Monday and Tuesday will release the Season's Greetings within me.  The gifts might be a little tight, but the boys seem to understand and their requests seem to coincide with whatever credit cards we have.  They are helpful that way.  Boy knows I have a Lowe's card, so he has a project for his room requiring some lighting, I say good.  Javalina, with such a cool nickname, still has his Santa list, which I think is more Wife trying to keep him her baby one more year, but her baby weighs what a good NFL linebacker weighs, I don't want him getting into fights at school over Santa and his existence and us being on the lame side of that argument.
    I think this is good, blog is done for tomorrow, I think I'll go work on the lights on my stair rails and decorate the front like I do, it'll be a nice surprise for Wife when she gets here tonight.  We are supposed to go make tamales tomorrow, not that I am looking forward to that, but Wife said I can go sleep on my in-law's bed while they make the things.  I will probably end up at Bass Pro Shops, I want a new boat, maybe Santa will put one under the tree for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment