Monday, December 25, 2017

12/25/17 T'was The Weekend Leading Up To Christmas? (poem)

T'was the Weekend Leading Up To Christmas

T'was the Friday before Christmas, Wife was still gone
changing lives in La Pryor, she'd be here before long.
Bringing goodies and snacks, like she stole a whole party
Javalina and I ate the brisket with sauce, let me tell you, fucking hearty.
Boy was gone, nothing new, with his friends to see Star Wars
Us three left on to shopping at some of the small stores.
We seem to always be in a rush, just having got to World Marketplace
Boy called, he had tickets for us at 9:00pm, it meant of course time to race.
On through the aisles, I refused to just leave
I love that place, not seeing new stuff is a real pet peeve.
We still left early, I bitched in the car, "I hate being in a rush all the time!"
It was your idea to see Jumanji, said Wife, "and it starts here at nine."
I sat there pissed drinking soda with my popcorn, getting ready to nap
but that movie was actually really great, throughout I just laughed and it even made me clap.
Afterwards, we got home, you think we could relax and take it easy
but Wife had other plans, "we're getting up early", I hate those words, they make me queasy.
There we are, before noon picking up blankets for the poor,
I want to bitch, but I shouldn't, this is the time to celebrate the birth of our Savior.
Let's just salvage this getting up early, head to Central Market, buy some fancy snacks for x-mas eve
I could not believe the crowds, people in line to checkout standing by the meat made me heave.
We headed home, told Wife I am done shopping, I really want some more sleep
but first she made tacos, eggs, bacon, potatoes, and chorizo all in a heap
I slept good woken by the smell of a new credit card we got in the mail
Shoot, let's go spend some more on our boys, in their eyes I can't seem like I fail.
Finally, it is Christmas Eve, all day we have been home enjoying the smells of Big Girl baking
I have only ate and napped all day, then watching the Griswold X-mas Vacation with more napping.
Now it is 4:00am and not a pain in the ass is stirring, not even the Wife
I get to Santa'ing, setting up the gifts, making it look magical, even a plate of cookies has lost its life.
I can't ask for more, plenty of napping, snacks are all around, maybe a glass of Sprite
but as Santa would say Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment