Sunday, March 29, 2015

3/29/15 I Wasn't Going To Say Anything?

    Those are bullshit words.  I wasn't going to say anything means I was going to wait until the right time to say something, like when you piss me off.  I have company again on night shift, and honestly, I like the guy, I believe he means well.  His energy though is always high, he's like an energy drink that figured out how to wear pants and walk.
    We do work, that like it or not requires a delicate touch, I move slow around the tools, I'm a big fat-ass, I would hate to bump the tool and make it move, or break something on it accidentally.  This guy is always in a rush, runs into the heavy curtains which are meant to isolate the tools further from vibrations and noise, and he takes swings at them like he is going to start a fight with them.
    He likes to joke, and I'll go with the flow, I've worked with some people there 16 years or so, and never cracked a wise ass comment with them, but if you are going to attempt to be funny and crack wise with me, I hope you can handle the volley.   He likes to dish it, but he does not like to take it.  In the beginning he had a couple of "mexican" jokes, I love a good mexican joke, once I figured his angle, I took it from him by coming in "sweeping" with my hands.  Or "if you want that job completed, give it to the mexicans white boy".  He is always worried that our company (we have a division because we are two companies sharing the space, but their tools used to be tools we ran so I can run his tools, but he can't run ours) is going to take over the work they are doing.  I always mess with him about being in on OT doing the work he couldn't do, so thanks for being incompetent.
    So I find out he is running the most delicate of tools.  These tools are placed over sections of flooring where photo equipment was installed (our floor space is an old Fab) because concrete is 20feet thick to reduce vibrations.  Tools have their own rooms and curtains and foam insulation on the walls, everything to keep vibrations down, then Mr. Monster Energy drink walks in.  So I joked no way, you can't be running that tool, you're a bull in a china shop, and I can't imagine you have the patience to image.  I feel these things about me, I was trained to image, but I avoid it most of the time.  Although, I am currently being re-trained to image as we are kind of short handed.
    Well, everything was fine, I was working away, then he explodes and starts saying "you don't think I belong here" and "you don't think I can run these tools"?  This was hours after we had joked, I had gone to lunch and come back.  I corrected him after I figured what he was talking about, explaining I didn't think you had the patience to sit in there and blah blah blah.  To which he snaps back with "I wasn't going to say anything about your music, but it fustrates me, I'm trying to concentrate and your blasting that awful music wailing away".  Well thanks for saying something, I'll go get my earphones.  He had been taking cracks at my singing, and I thought it was the back and forth wise cracking that he created.  I told him this is why I like working alone at nights, I love doing my own thing, blasting the music, singing along, watching Netflix occasionally, or whatever.
    Like I say, I like the guy, I am constantly helping him, trying to coach him because he is constantly asking me to help him.  But seriously, don't feed the bear, he might bite you.

No comments:

Post a Comment