Wednesday, March 18, 2015

3/19/15 Chubs Is Maturing?

    Chubs is starting to show signs of maturing.  Or at least hitting those terrible years of being a teenager.  While walking around that small outlet mall, we/he decided it was time for a wallet.  We went into Coach because mijo should have the nicest, but the wallets in there were between $128 and $159.  Even at 50% off, it was not going too happen.
    We went to a couple other places, and eventually he found a wallet while I turned my back on them for a minute.  Wife found one with a pocket for change.  No way would I have talked him into that, but he still values quarters, so he was excited.
    Wife also gave him the change, wallet was only $7, and she must have paid with a $10 as there were two dollars to dispose of, and gues where the two dollars went?  That's right, Chubs was now a powerful member of the buying public.  With his new riches he "needed" to go back to Toys R Us, and check it out.  Of course, nothing is that cheap in that store, as he found out.  We left, but oh man, that wallet is burning on his leg.  He keeps checking it and suggesting places we might want to go where he can spend some money.  We are on this island with hardly any stores, so he hasn't had luck, and Wife keeps giving him change.  Last he mentioned, he was up to $26.  This is all Wife as I haven't had any cash in hand.  I am punishing myself, until I get some OT money.
    Another sign of him becoming a pre-teen.  After we were done at the Moody Gardens Aquarium, he threw a fit.  He wanted to go to the movies, the Moody Gardens advertises an IMAX theatre, but they show ocean movies and those type, not really anything like Spongebob.  Anyways, he managed to work himself into a fit, and before we knew it he was actually crying in the back seat.  I stopped for gas, at a newer gas station with the attached Burger King and Wife suggested a soda or something.  He wasn't done tantrumming in the back seat, so she went in by herself.  After I was done cleaning the window and gassing, I told him going in or sitting here by yourself?  If you stay out here you are not leaving the car, those bums might steal you.  He jumped out of the car, and followed me in.
    Once he ate a burger and drank his soda, he was much better, he made up some lame excuse that he misses his house.  
    He has also been taking swipes at me, I'll make some lame joke to tease him and he'll punch me.  When we said pool was too cold, we walked over, told him to stick his foot in water, he stood there accepting that it was cold, I made some joke about him being an ice cube floating on top of the pool, he flails his arms at me, and hit me.  I'm a big boy, he's not going to hurt me, but I don't want this becoming the norm, that he hits when he has run out of words to use.  He is a work in progress, and eventually he will be as smooth and debonaire as our other son.
    We always joke that Boy is like a robot, or like the tin man, Chubs appears to be all feelings, maybe he is the cowardly lion.  I might be one man short in my quest of conquering Oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment