Saturday, March 28, 2015

3/28/15 Restful Day?

    Today (3/27/15) was a restful day.  Saying that, on one hand means it was boring but on the other, it also means we finally had a quiet night at home.
    We went off for Spring Break last week, which we got back from Galveston on Friday and within a half hour I was on my way to work.  I worked Friday night, was off Saturday for Boy's birthday (and we had a bunch of family here from both sides), then worked Sunday night aas OT.  Monday started my regular work week which I managed to fit in trimming the backyard, Wife had cut it with the lawn mower, then I started power washing the driveway.  I worked 12 hours Monday night, then Tuesday was Boy's actual birthday and Wife wanted to do something for him, she was going to go to San Marcos to have dinner, but of course at the last minute wanted me to go to.  I told her if he comes up, we'll go eat, otherwise have fun by yourselves.  He moved out a freaking month ago, and now he can't drive his lazy ass up during the week?  If it were up to me he'd still live here, Anus!  Anyways, dinner was good at Longhorn Steakhouse, but it kinda screwed up my night, dinner wise, I am used to eating much later.  Wednesday was another normal night, then Thursday was another friend's birthday dinner that we got invited to.  Again, I tell Wife "you go, get me a burger on way home".  Of course, this falls on deaf ears, "come with me, I want you to go" (fake whine fake whine).
    Again, I join them for dinner way earlier than I like at Hula Hut which is on the river by downtown, the place is probably pretty enough during the day, but man, it is a pain in the ass to find, get to, and park at.  I don't know why we keep trying, we know everybody, at times we've loved each other as "family".  We've been to Florida and New Orleans with these people, Boy grew up with the kids, but we get together and it is fustrating at times.  First of all, act human, put your freaking phones away, everybody is in their own world, Wife and I might as well have gone and ate by ourselves, we hardly communicate with anyone.
    I went back and finished another 12 hour shift.  Today, I was off, picked up Chubs, went to HEB, bought to make shish kabobs, and other BBQ stuff.  Putting shish kabobs together is a pain in the butt, but I managed to do all the crappy work before Wife got home from work, around six.  We then grilled, sat in the backyard table for first time in 6-7 months and enjoyed the sun going down.  I had 1 Redd's Apple Ale, Chubs said "ooh, buy those dad", from the commercial of the apple hitting guys on the head.  If I take drinking advice from a 10 year old, you know I'm not a hard drinker.  Those things are OK.  Bought a six pack in Galveston, still have three in the fridge.
    We ate around 8pm, saw Backstrom, which has Dwight Schrute from The Office playing a detective, he is having fun with the role, it's an entertaining show.  Then we managed to see 2 episodes of House Hunters before I fell asleep on sofa before 10pm.  Boring night, but I think I really needed it.  I am writing this at about 2am, and I feel much better now than I did at 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment