Monday, March 2, 2015

3/2/15 Tax Man Cometh?

    We took care of our taxes friday.  It is such a pain to gather all the necessary paperwork, but our awesome government makes us jump like monkeys every year.  Why aren't they happy with what they take from our paychecks?  You took your cut like a big ass bully, then you come back at the end of the year to see if maybe you can take a little more?  It should be set up where they take whatever amount percentage wise and then go away.  People that live in houses and people that rent shouldn't be different classes of human.  If you "own" your house, you get advantages, otherwise you don't.  As a coworker told me awhile back, we never own our houses outright, try skipping a couple years of not paying taxes and see how fast your domicile gets put back into circulation so another happy citizen pays his fair share of taxes for the right to live in "your" home.
    I guess I'm content, we got a return back of $2600.  Great, I set up my paycheck to throw in an extra $100 from every check, just in case, we have a cushion.  Being that I get paid 26 times a year, the amount makes perfect sense.
    We also took in our son's info.  We are still entwined, he is working, but we're still supporting him. Turns out the numbers worked best by keeping him as our child, so he will get a smaller return than what he was hoping for, but considering all that we give him, it is more than fair.
    I also insist we get our taxes done by professionals such as H&R Block.  We got audited one year and had to pay over $10000 for two years.  It was a supreme pain in the ass, so now we let them do it.  If there is a problem, I even pay the extra $30 so they are reponsible for the costs.  Those audits shook us, everyone gives me crap about "taxes are easy, just use blah blah software".  I find myself having to be polite to everyone and say yeah, but no.  Next audit will be covered by H&R Block and that is the end of it.
    We're lucky that place is about 5 minutes away.  We got there at 830pm friday night, and were there until almost 10pm.  They close at 9pm, but they said they could see us.  I'm just glad it's over until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment