Saturday, March 21, 2015

3/21/15 Old Pipes Or A Monster Poop?

    Wife thinks this is funny, as I was stressing on how to fix my dilemma, she is waiting for a high five from me dead panning "write a blog on this, mofo!!"   So here goes....
    I don't think I did anything different, I did my business after a hardy breakfast and some coffee, we were going to take it easy on Wednesday as it was supposed to rain, so our plan was to sleep late, then maybe go for a cruise.  Maybe I used too much paper to clean up but when I went to flush, it did that very depressing circle around then slowly rise.  It did not work.  I was like "dammit!!"  At the house, it happens rarely, and one or two pumps of the plunger, and the mess flushes itself, almost apologizing for any inconvenience to me.
    This was not one of those poops, this one was angry and held strong.  I tried flushing maybe twice, then doing the plunger thing.  I almost panicked, yelled at Wife, she has to give me crap "what?, where are you?"  When I'm agitated, stupid questions are not what I want to hear "how big is this place, if I call you, don't you think I need you?"  Eventually, she comes over and really what is she gonna do other than gag and bring Chubs in as spectator???  She did suggest, just shower, the water will go down, then do the plunger when the water is low.  I looked at her with save me in my eyes, but I know she wasn't going in there.
    I showered, closed the lid on the toilet, and by this point, I had even turned off the water at the wall because the water came up to within about half an inch of escaping the toilet sanctuary.  It was scary, I thought I was clever, flushing and figuring if water comes up, just pull up floating ball in upper tank.  It stops the water, but then what?  If it is not leaving the bowl, it just stays there, and I wasn't going to stand there all day holding the floating ball.  I figured if I turned off the water, problem gone.  Sure enough, after I showered, the water had come down.  I attempted to plunge it, but without water there is nothing to push on.  I flushed it again, and the water was back up to the top of the rim, before I turned it off again.
    This is now about an hour later, I am running out of ideas.  At a certain point, I am scooping out water and stuff with a styrofoam Buc-ee's cup and ferrying it to the other toilet, with the trash can underneath, this really was the shit from hell.  After removing most of the floating debris, I plunged it about ten times, and still nothing.  If I was home, I would have run to Home Depot and bought a "snake" to run down the pipe, but this is not my home.  I did the only thing left for me to do, involve another man.  I called the maintenance office, hoping a burly man answered, no some Sweety-Pie answered and I had to explain what was going on.  I repeated "the plunger ain't gonna cut it, send a guy with a snake or what ever you use".  She said OK.  
    I told Chubs, sorry guy, but I am going to throw you under the bus, he said "what?  I didn't do it!"  I sat there, like a mom, watching my baby turd holding on for dear life, by now we've bonded, it's been closer to two hours.  The door knocks, Chubs opens the door and very quickly starts "umm Sir, it wasn't me, it was my dad, he wants to blame me, but I didn't do it!!!"  I just think "little shit", then might as well just be grown up about it.  Explained to the older man that I had been working that plunger for an hour and change and nothing.
    He was the coolest man I've ever met in a time of distress.  He said it wasn't me, it was probably the pipes, they are old.  Then he said in a high rise building, plunging never works.  What you have to do is stick the plunger in and get a sort of vibration going, he did a motion for about ten seconds, then he flushed, and voila, unclogged.  He asked if we needed new towels or anything else, I said no, I was smart enough to keep everything inside the toilet.  Ten minutes later, we were out on a cruise, looking for a salad to eat, just to clean out my pipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment