Tuesday, January 6, 2015

1/7/15 Can I Love My Night Light? (poem)

 I praise to thee for you are the light
if not for your emitted energy, we would live in night
I am a bit ashamed to admit I am scared of the dark
but worse when my son at 3am comes at me like a shark
He can't sleep, he hears noises
dammit son, I hear them too those freaking voices
maybe we should wake up your mom
but she'll make fun of me, she knows how to stay calm.
Instead, I turn on a lamp, maybe two or three
and distract my son telling him I gots to pee.
He takes his turn and we've been loud
Mom is awake now, I didn't say of my cunning i'd be proud.
She is much better at dealing with a scared little boy
after all, she's a mom, for her baby she will destroy.
I am calmer now, my lamp still on by my bed
my son asleep, I smile at the snoring killer I gladly did wed.
Tomorrow she'll take a crack at me for being a weenie
I'll just say hush it my dear and eat your panini.
Look at me, I'm twice your size
what could I possibly fear, but do go on please chastise.
she looks at me with suspision, this time lets it go
I just whimper at the sun for it has set again and we say bye to its orange glow
I hate these shorter days of winter, they test my manhood something fierce
come on 6:45am, come on sun let your fire through the dark pierce
Maybe this is why on nightshift I have stayed for nineteen years
if I'm awake at night I don't have to face my fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment